Lawrenceville is located in the Gwinnett County, in the State of Georgia. As the county seat, Lawrenceville numbers a population of approximately 30,000 inhabitants. Lawrenceville is a part of the Atlanta Metropolitan Area. The city of Lawrenceville was incorporated in 1821 and was named after the Commodore of the Frigate Chesapeake, James Lawrence.
Top Attractions within Lawrenceville
Downtown Lawrenceville is a part of the city that is filled with numerous buildings and monuments of great historical importance. Most of them are the original developing constructions that founded the city in its early days. There are numerous architectural styles to be considered here. The most well known establishments are the Gwinnett Historic Courthouse and the Lawrenceville Female Seminary building. You can also take advantage of the numerous restaurants and coffee shops on these streets, which will provide you the perfect setting for relaxing during your tour and having a drink and a meal.
The Aurora Theater was moved to Lawrenceville in 2007, from Duluth, in order to become the major contributor to the cultural development of the central part of the Gwinnett County. This is an important venue for the community, as it is one of the few establishments that provides cultural entertainment in the region. Their high quality performances manage to bring in audiences from all over the county. The Aurora Theater provides the best performances, suitable for all ages, from comedies and dramas, to musicals and thrillers. Special programs organized here include: the children's playhouse, the Funny Fridays, the Learning Library, Swing and Dance Nights and so on.
The Lawrenceville Ghost Tours are one of the most unique attractions in the city. They are aimed at giving visitors a more interesting and exciting tour of the location and to let them know about the background stories that have been placed here. You have two options from which you can choose in terms of the tours, such as: the Ghost Tour (walking tour) and the Ghost Trolley. Both of these will mainly take you through the historic downtown district, as the paranormal activities and ghost stories are based on the first developments of the city.
Five Things You Must Do in Lawrenceville
The second oldest city of the Metro Atlanta Area, Lawrenceville was incorporated on 15th December, 1821.
1. Spend a day at Rhodes Jordan Park: Offering plenty of interesting opportunities for the entire family, the park is spread over approximately 124 acres. The park offers children's playgrounds, picnic pavilions, baseball grounds, walking tracks and tennis courts. The park is the best place to spend the weekend for the entire family.
2. Visit the Gwinnett Historic Courthouse: Registered with the national registry of historic places, this courthouse is among the oldest buildings in the city. The courthouse is open for public tours and display from Tuesday to Friday.
3. Go to the Gwinnett County Public Library: Offering a wide choice for adults and children, the library is the place for visitors who want to enjoy a variety of magazines, books, audio and video tapes as well as many children's books.
4. Go to the Collins Hill Golf Club: Offering a host of facilities, the golf club features 18 holes on a par 71 course that provides players with plenty of competition. The course has been laid out in the traditional style and has fairways lined with trees and scenic greenery throughout the course. The club also provides a splendid clubhouse and professional assistance facilities for first-time players.
5. Experience Hot Air Ballooning: The tourists can also indulge in some adventure and take part in a hot air balloon flight. Light meals are supplied along with the flight and the view is one you'll always remember. Balloon flights are offered twice daily with the first one being a one hour flight at dawn, and the second one, a two hour flight just before sunset.
United States, Georgia, United States
Top depots in Lawrenceville
Avis Lawrenceville - 919 Parkside Walk Lane, Lawrenceville, .
Budget Lawrenceville - 437 West Pike Street, Lawrenceville, .
Enterprise S Lawrenceville - 176 Scenic Highway, Lawrenceville, .