The second oldest city of the Metro Atlanta Area, Lawrenceville was incorporated on 15th December, 1821.
1. Spend a day at Rhodes Jordan Park: Offering plenty of interesting opportunities for the entire family, the park is spread over approximately 124 acres. The park offers children's playgrounds, picnic pavilions, baseball grounds, walking tracks and tennis courts. The park is the best place to spend the weekend for the entire family.
2. Visit the Gwinnett Historic Courthouse: Registered with the national registry of historic places, this courthouse is among the oldest buildings in the city. The courthouse is open for public tours and display from Tuesday to Friday.
3. Go to the Gwinnett County Public Library: Offering a wide choice for adults and children, the library is the place for visitors who want to enjoy a variety of magazines, books, audio and video tapes as well as many children's books.
4. Go to the Collins Hill Golf Club: Offering a host of facilities, the golf club features 18 holes on a par 71 course that provides players with plenty of competition. The course has been laid out in the traditional style and has fairways lined with trees and scenic greenery throughout the course. The club also provides a splendid clubhouse and professional assistance facilities for first-time players.
5. Experience Hot Air Ballooning: The tourists can also indulge in some adventure and take part in a hot air balloon flight. Light meals are supplied along with the flight and the view is one you'll always remember. Balloon flights are offered twice daily with the first one being a one hour flight at dawn, and the second one, a two hour flight just before sunset.