Leesville Car Rental Comparison
Leesville is a charming city in the state of Louisiana, located more exactly in Vernon Parish and being its parish seat at the same time. According to the 2000 census, Leesville has a total population of 6,753 residents, making it part of the Fort Polk South Micropolitan Area. Leesville spans on a total area of 5.49 square miles, which provides both outdoor and indoor attractions for tourists of all ages. Even if it is considered to be a small city, Leesville will impress you with its wide array of cultural and recreational opportunities.
Top Attractions within Leesville
The Museum of West Louisiana is a great cultural institution in Leesville. The museum is dedicated to preserving the rich history and culture of the area, by putting on display numerous artifacts and historical items that will tell you all about the history, heritage, culture and traditions of the area.
Leesville Municipal Golf Course is a well maintained public golfing facility in Leesville, featuring an elegant 9-hole regulation length golf course. This short layout is great for a fun, yet challenging golfing experience, regardless of your skills or training level.
The Fort Polk Military Museum is another museum in Leesville worth visiting, since it puts on display numerous exhibits, including uniforms, small arms, and insignia of the US army.
Mustard Seed is a great dining venue in Leesville, where you will get the chance to enjoy a satisfying home cooked meal. The menu is diverse and no mater what you order, you will be pleased with your choice. Getting there early would be a good idea, since this venue is very popular among locals.
Fatboy's and Skinny's Filling Station is the place in Leesville where you will have the best hamburgers ever. The All American burgers are simply mouthwatering and you will not be able to resist them. You can even choose your own toppings. The service is great and the atmosphere is nice, so you will definitely have a great dining experience.
5 Things You Must Do in Leesville
Leesville, Louisiana is known for the famous Vernon Parish. According to 2000 census the population of Leesville was 6753. It is also known for the Fort Polk U.S. Army base. Leesville has been referred to as a 'melting pot' of cosmopolitan culture.
1. Plan a visit to the Cooper Baptist Church: A top tourist destination at Leesville, you are always welcome to attend the Sunday mass at the Cooper Baptist Church. You can join and offer a prayer with the morning mass. The evening mass is held at 6 o'clock in the evening on a regular basis.
2. Go for a trip at the Military Base in Fort Polk: If you are one of the adventurous types, make sure that you visit the Fort Polk Military base. Fort Polk Military Base offers you an exhibit of the army uniforms, insignia and a display of armaments.
3. Be nostalgic with artifacts at the Museum Of West Louisiana: The Museum of West Louisiana at KCS railroad Depot gives an account of the past history through the artifacts. It opens daily from 1 to 5 in the evening; the museum's historical specimens bear an account of the past, its tradition and folk art.
4. Spend your day out at Leesville Municipal Golf Course: For Sports freaks, the Leesville Municipal Golf Course is a must see. The open expanse of Bermuda grass course is open for public viewing.
5. Take a visit to Bobby Lynn's Marina: To feel the warmth of Leesville, Bobby Lynn's Marina is the right place. Learn more about fishing, Seafood and shipping