Lenexa Car Rental Comparison
Lenexa is a charming city located in Johnson County, Kansas, United States. Lenexa has an area of 34.4 square miles and a population of more than 48,100 residents, according to the 2010 census. Bordered by the cities of Shawnee to the north and Overland Park to the east, Lenexa was first settled in 1869. Throughout the years, Lenexa has known quite an impressive development, nowadays the American city being also a popular tourist destination for visitors willing to spend a relaxing vacation. If you are going to be in the area soon, there are some spots of interest that should not be missed.
Top Attractions within Lenexa
The Spinach Festival is held in the city every September. This actually is one of the most important festivals in Lenexa, the American city being in fact well known as the Spinach Capital of the World. The festival has been held in the city since the 1930s.
The Legler Barn Museum is one of the most beautiful museums depicting the history of the city and its heritage. The venue hosting this museum was built in 1864, although in 1983 it has been reconstructed. In this lovely place you will have the possibility to visit antiques, photographs, but also historical documents on the origins of the city. Near the museum you will find a great gift shop to purchase souvenirs.
Mi Ranchito is a lovely place to eat in whenever you are visiting Lenexa. The welcoming atmosphere, the beautiful decor, but also the high quality services you will find in this spot will help you enjoy a great meal. The food is tasty and the portions are huge, even though prices are really affordable.
Edokko is the right restaurant to visit in Lenexa if you like Japanese dishes and Sushi. The staff here is so friendly that in case you want some support in choosing the best specialties, you are surely going to receive the needed assistance. Still, everything is excellent in this restaurant, so there is really no way you will not spend a wonderful time here.
Five Things You Must Do in Lenexa
Lenexa is located in the North East of Kansas and is a part of the Johnson County, central United States. It ranks 4th in population and is the satellite city of Kansas,is included in the metropolitan area of the city.
1. Na-Nex-Se Statue:This statue is located in the City Hall grounds of Lenexa. It is dedicated to Na Nex Se, wife of the Shawnee chief, Thomas Black Hoof. It is also dedicated to Joan Bowman, the mayor of the city under whom there was extraordinary growth and prosperity.
2. Sar-Ko-Par Trail Park: Many of the yearly events in Lenexa are held at the Sar Ko par park. The trails around the park offer a nice walk. For more information on the Park click on the link.
3. Legler Barn Museum: This is an old historical barn that has been preserved by the Lenexa Historical Society. It is a museum at present that holds facts relating to the early days of Lenexa and the trails.
4. Legler Barn: This Barn was built in the year 1864 along the Trail Santa Fe. After this the barn was removed and restored it was turned into a museum called Lenexa's Historical Museum.
5. Waterfest: Waterfest is a free educational event and is held every year to educate the children about the quality of water and the environment. Other activities included water slides, paddle boats, water deluge and cane pole fishing. Children are encourages to get involved with various games and are assisted, to fill in their passports to win prizes.