Lexington Park is a census designated place located in St. Mary's County, Maryland, United States of America. Lexington Park in Maryland is a place listed as a micropolitan statistical area in the United States. According to a recent study, Lexington Park has an area of approximately 8 square miles and a population of 11,000 residents. The place is chiefly known for the Patuxent Naval Air Station set up during the Second World War and recently the place hit the headlines for the USS Lexington aircraft carrier.
The town was settled in the Second World War and named in honor of an aircraft carrier that sunk, USS Lexington. Before this, the area of the current Lexington Park was used as a training area for astronauts and had the named of Jaborsville. In the last years, Lexington Park developed a lot and the city is in continuous developments. The most important company that employs a large part of the population of Lexington Park is Patuxent Naval Air Station. If you want to visit Lexington Park, remember this is a beautiful, yet relaxing destination of the state Maryland.
Top Attractions within Lexington Park
Mattapany Sewall Archeological Site is located near the Patuxent River, in Lexington Park. Tracks of people that resided here long before the settlement of Lexington Park were found, so this site is now one of the most important historic area of the city. Since 1985, when it was opened to public, this is a very interesting attraction of Lexington Park.
St. Richard's Manor is a historic building of Lexington Park. It was built in the first half of the 18th century on the Patuxent River. On the property, there are also two tobacco barns raised before the settlement of Lexington Park. This attraction of the city draws thousands of tourists to town each year.
Evans is a seafood restaurant located near the city center of Lexington Park. You can visit it at 16680 Piney Point Road. The food is excellent in this establishment and the serving is exceptional. The decoration of the dinning room is lovely and the staff is very helpful and friendly.
5 Things You Must Do in Lexington Park
1. Make sure that you drop in at the Patuxent Naval Air Station: Located at the Lexington Park, the Naval Air Station has more than 20,000 people employed. The Naval Air station is believed to be one of the major contributors of the state's economy. The Patuxent River Naval Air Museum draws a big crowd and gives free entry to the visitors.
2. Plan your day out at the top tourist spots in Lexington Park: Lexington Park offers you hotspots to plan the perfect outing with your friends and family. Spend your day on the wide open fields; have fun on the rides and the Standstill Mountains.
3. A must-see at Lexington Park is the Maryland Farmers Markets: Learn more about the Maryland Farmers Markets and the organic farms and farms that are located in and around the Saint Mary's County.
4. Get the festive mood at Lexington Park: Enjoy the festive spirit at the Maryland Festivals and learn more about the top festivals and the way in which they are celebrated.
5. The Maryland Forests are sure to drive you wild: The call of nature and the Maryland Forests is something that you simply cannot resist. Be adventurous and discover the dense forests and have an experience of a lifetime.