Lexington Car Rental Comparison
Lexington is a lovely town located in Lexington County, South Carolina, United States of America. According to a recent study, Lexington has an area of nearly 6 square miles and a population of 83,000 residents. The history of Lexington began in 1735. The Colonial Government of King George II encouraged settlers to found new cities and Saxe Gotha was founded then. In 1785, the name of the city changed definitively to Lexington to honor the Massachusetts Revolutionary War. In 1961, Lexington was incorporated as a town. In present, Lexington is one of the most rapidly developing cities in the county and also its country seat. If you plan to visit it, there are some points of attraction that you might like.
Top Attractions within Lexington
Lexington County Museum is located downtown Lexington in a beautiful area of the town. It has a multitude of historic artifacts that you will have the chance to see in order to understand better the history of the town. The attraction also includes 30 buildings on an area of more than 7 acres. Thanks to a guided tour, you will have the opportunity to see it in a matter of hours.
Libby's of Lexington is an American restaurant located in the city center of the town. You can reach it at 11 West Main Street and take advantaged of its great location and delicious food. The menu is very large and offers regional specialties. If you want dessert try the tasty Red Velvet Cake or the Carrot Cake.
Antai is an Asian restaurant that you can visit while in Lexington. Located at 5084 Sunset Boulevard, Antai is considered one of the best in town. The food is prepared in a great manner and is also presented exquisitely. Try the Lobster Spring Roll, the Shrimp Wonton or the Sushi.
Five Things You Must Do in Lexington
Lexington is a great town to visit, since it has a variety of attractions and recreational activities to keep the whole family happy. There are museums, music venues and community events that tourists and residents alike can enjoy.
1. Kick off the holidays: A fantastic way to start the Christmas season is to go on the Holiday Tour of Homes, now in its 5th year. Homes at Lake Murray and Golden Hills Country Club are beautifully decorated for the holiday season, and tourists can either drive the tour alone, or with the sponsoring Lexington United Methodist Church.
2. Visit the Opera House: Each year the Newberry Opera House puts on a variety of productions, including musicals, choral performances and other genres of music. Tickets are affordable, making it a perfect choice for a night on the town.
3. Learn history: Feeling like you want to learn something? Check out the Lexington County Museum, which features the oldest known house in the city. The Lawrence Corley Log House was built by a soldier in the Revolutionary War, and other houses were built from other time periods.
4. Catch a performance: The Village Square Theatre presents a multitude of performances each year, at an affordable price. Performances generally run through the week, and the theatre is located off of Columbia Avenue in Lexington.
5. Get outside: The city of Lexington offers a variety of sporting facilities, as well as parks for enjoyment. Tennis courts, soccer fields and golf courses are all great activities to relax with!