Libertyville is located in the Illinois State of the United States of America. As one of the most affluent communities in the region, Libertyville is an important suburb for the city of Chicago. The city of Libertyville is included in the Lake County. Libertyville has a growing population, which numbers approximately 21,760 inhabitants.
Libertyville is a suburb of the metro area of Chicago. The city is located in the Lake County in the state of Illinois. The city houses several tourist attraction spots. The city was a part of Indian land which was appropriated by the US government in 1829.
1. Visit the Cuneo Museum and Gardens: This is in fact a historic home. It was designed for the founder of Commonwealth Edison, Mr. Samuel Insull. However, the estate ended up being purchased by John Cuneo Sr. in the year 1937.
2. Enjoy an enriching experience at the Fort Hill Heritage Museum: The museum is an exceptional tourist attraction and is dedicated to the Mundelein's history chronicles. The museum features details of the beginnings of the Mundelein's history to its diverse existence.
3. Visit the Chain O'Lakes State Park: This is one of the most popular parks in the city and has facilities for several activities. At the park you can enjoy activities like fishing, hiking, camping, horseback riding, and boating amongst several others.
4. Visit the Deerfield Historic Village: This is a museum on the Deerfield and Kipling Road. The campus of the museum features the Caspar Ott Log House. This was built in 1837 and is supposedly the oldest building in Lake County.
5. Visit the Illinois Beach State Park: This is one of the most popular recreational centers in the city. At the park you can enjoy camping, swimming, fishing, biking, and hiking. There is also a beach at the park.
The Lambs Farm is a perfect location for those visiting in Libertyville with their children. It was opened in the 1960s by Corrine Owen and Robert Terese. The venue incorporates a petting zoo, a pet shop and several amusement rides specially created to strengthen the bond between children and farm animals. There are other facilities to be taken advantage of at the farm, such as a miniature golf course, a restaurant and a country store.
The David Adler Cultural Center is the perfect place for activities in Libertyville for the entire family. There are camps for children, based on a variety of themes, from arts and culture to sports and games. The adults can learn a lot of new things as well, with the help of the complete educational programs provided at the center. Exhibitions and events can be admired according to the program of the center.
The Saint Sava Orthodox Monastery Church is a unique religious monument located in Libertyville. It is the place in which Peter II of Yugoslavia is buried, which gives uniqueness to the building in the fact that it is the only American site in which an European monarch is buried. The monastery church is also interesting through the fact that it has a wonderful architectural style.
Lunch in the Park is one of the traditions that has been initiated for the people living in or visiting Libertyville, through which all are invited into the local parks for their picnic meals. The aim of the event is to help people get out of their houses more and spend time in nature with their children. All the green areas of the city are filled with picnic lunches and then with people playing games and sports.