Lima is a city in and the county seat of Allen County, Ohio, United States. The municipality is located in northwestern Ohio along Interstate 75, approximately 72 miles north of Dayton. As of the 2010 census, Lima had a population of 38.771 residents. It is the main city of and is included in the Lima, Ohio Metropolitan Statistical Area. In the years after the American Revolution, the Shawnee were the most prominent residents of west central Ohio, growing in numbers. The area's expanding population in the 1940s and 1950s brought in Lima hospital and school expansion, new elementary schools and the New Centralised Lima Senior High School.
Top Attractions Within Lima
Little Squirt Sports Park is a wonderful place in Lima, where the whole family can have a lot of fun in the water, under the warm sun. There is a wide range of water rides for all ages and possibilities. Aside from the fun filled park, there are also many restaurants and coffee shops where you can enjoy a satisfying meal or a refreshing beverage.
The Allen County Museum is located in Lima. Occupying a half city block, the museum campus includes the main museum building, a log house, a Victorian mansion, a Shay locomotive display, a military transportation building, the Children's museum, and the Children's Garden. Among its programs, the museum has presented a post-millennia series of panel discussions and unique tours of area historical attractions. The indoor programs are available from the museum on VHS cassettes, and they covered topics such as Lima octogenarians, WWII as experienced by Lima soldiers and Korean War as experienced by Lima soldiers.
Edgewood Roller Skating Arena is a fun filled place in Lima, where you and your family or friends will certainly have a lot of fun. The Arena is state of the art. You can rent the skates or bring your own. The venue has also got a restaurant, where you can grab a bite and a bar, where you can have a quick refreshing drink.
Lima, in the US State of Ohio is well placed in Allen County. The municipality of the city is situated in the northwestern Ohio interstate 75. The city was founded in the year 1831. Being one of the main cities in the Lima, Ohio metropolitan statistical area, it is also attached to the Lima-Van Wert Wapakoneta in the Ohio combined Statistical Area.
Five things you must do in Lima
1. Twentieth Century Bowling Lanes: this is one of the best bowling alleys in the state and is very often frequented by youngsters as well as adults from all over the state. The place is very well maintained and is worth visiting. Because bowling is such a good family sport, many visitors enjoy taking the whole family along to play.
2. The Allen County Museum: this is the only county museum in the state of Ohio that is accredited by the American Association of Museums. The museum exhibits items ranging from natural history, science, and art related.
3. Little Squirts Sports Park: another popular tourist destination in the city of Lima. Lots of people from all over the state come to this famous and amazing amusement park to spend their leisure time.
4. Art Space Lima: this is the premier art gallery and educational center in the state of Ohio. It also has the region's best art resource libraries.
5. Children's Museum: this museum is a hands-on facility that promotes the theory of learning by doing. Various new exhibits and activities are developed annually.