Loveland Car Rental Comparison
Loveland is a Home Rule Municipality that is the second most populous city in Larimer County, Colorado, United States. According to the 2010 census, Loveland has a population of 66.859 residents. Loveland was founded in 1877 along the newly constructed line of the Colorado Central Railroad, near its crossing of the Big Thompson River.
The city is south of Fort Collins, its larger neighbour and the county seat. Loveland has aggressively expanded its incorporated limits eastward and is currently developing the area. Loveland is an ideal holiday destination, where you can visit the local attractions, eat the at the many restaurants and enjoy a walk in the many parks.
Five Things You Must Do in Loveland
Located in northern Colorado, nestled between the cities of Denver and Ft Collins, the city of Loveland (population 60,000—dubbed the “Sweetheart City”) is best known as a home for artists seeking inspiration from the tranquility and natural beauty of the American West. The city is home to and an impressive local art museum, and hosts a sculpture exhibition every summer. Loveland also offers an exceptional array of natural scenery, and serves as a staging ground for campers, hikers and trailblazers seeking adventure in its surrounding mountain ranges.
1) The Loveland Museum and Art Gallery: Located in the Loveland town center, the 28,000 square foot art museum features collections from around the world, and offers a wide range of art instruction classes, readings and study seminars.
2) Lake Loveland: Tourists visiting in the summer months will wish to make use of the beautiful Lake Loveland, which offers spectacular scenery of the Colorado landscape, and offers a variety of sporting and water activities, including camping and hiking, sailing, windsurfing and fishing.
3) The Jeff Paterson Xeriscape Garden: Named for a local conservationist, the Paterson garden offers visitors a spectacular arrangement of flowers and shrubs, grasses and trees, and provides plenty of secluded walkways and benches for persons seeking refuge from the day.
4) The August International Sculpture in Exhibit: The August Sculpture in the Park exhibition is arguably the most popular show of its kind in the United States. Held outdoors in the city's Benson Sculpture Garden, the two-day exhibit offers three dimensional artworks from artists around the world. Visitors will wish to secure accommodation well in advance of the event.
5) The City of Loveland: The city of Loveland has adopted an Art in Public Places ordinance, setting aside a small percentage of its annual tax revenues for purchase of public art. Greater than 270 statues and statuettes, bronze sculptures and two-dimensional artworks can be found in the city's public streets and on its municipal buildings.
Loveland offers an abundance of hotels and restaurants for tourists of all seasons, though travelers seeking better acquaintance with the friendly people and culture of Loveland are encouraged to make use of its many bed and breakfast establishments.
Top Attractions Within Loveland
Boyd Lake State Park is a wonderful park in Loveland, that holds events for the public events there for the public including non notable regional artists. The activities include boasting, fishing, picnicking, swimming, hiking, biking and hunting. It is an amazing place where you can enjoy nature at its best, with your family and friends.
The William McCreery House in Loveland built in 1900 is an historic octagon house located at 746 North Washington Avenue. The house has many exhibitions consisting in photos, newspapers and other documents, that give a glimpse of the history, culture and civilisation of Loveland.
Benson Sculpture Garden in Loveland is an amazing park with more than 100 sculptures, gorillas, giraffes, big pigs and sledding kids among them. The sculptures are permanently displayed among the trees, plants, and ponds at this city park. This is also the site of Sculpture in the Park, the largest juried outdoor sculpture show in the US, which takes place each year over the second weekend in August. The show features more than 1000 works by 200 different sculptors from across the US.
Loveland Museum and Gallery in downtown Loveland hosts exhibits, art classes, workshops and poetry readings. The exhibits on the natural and cultural history of the Big Thompson Valley are highlighted as well as regional, national and international work in the art gallery.