Melbourne, Florida is a city of over 76 thousand people, located southeast of Orlando and east of Kissimmee. The city is named after Melbourne, Australia. Melbourne is the birthplace of the late rock singer Jim Morrison (of “The Doors”) and it's also the city where supermodel Kate Upton grew up -- she graduated from Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy in Melbourne.At VroomVroomVroom, we may not be rock stars or models, but we are the experts in car rental rate comparison!
VroomVroomVroom compares cheap rental cars in Melbourne offered by Avis, Budget, Dollar, and Hertz. We want you to book with us today, whether you're in immediate need of a rental car, or if you're planning for a trip months from now. If you need a car rental in Melbourne, it's a really smart decision to book your rental vehicle with us. We find the best rates on cheap car rentals in Melbourne, or anywhere in Florida, and we display the true total prices (including fees and taxes) that allow you to decide on a car, truck or SUV that you want to book, without dealing with the hassle of hidden fees!
Melbourne International Airport (airport code: MLB) is located near the center of the city, about a 5-minute drive in your rental car northwest of the old downtown area. This airport offers daily flights to and from Atlanta and Charlotte. At MLB, air travelers are served on-site by major car rental agencies, many located near baggage claim in the main terminal for convenience. These include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Most of Melbourne is located on the Florida mainland, but a minor portion lies on a barrier island, separated by the Indian River Lagoon. The island – in turn - is a narrow strip of land that separates the Lagoon from the Atlantic Ocean. (In prehistoric times the Lagoon was connected to the Ocean. Today, the only connection is by way of a handful of inlets, including the manmade Sebastian Inlet at the southern end of Brevard County.) A pair of high-rise bridges -- the Melbourne Causeway and the Eau Gallie Causeway, span the Indian River Lagoon and connect the mainland to the barrier island.
1. Plan a dive - explore the Spanish Plate Fleet disaster of 1733
2. Visit the Brevard Zoo- Said to be one of Florida's most interactive zoos, the Brevard is home to many native Floridian animals, as well as exotic animals from Latin America and Australia. Visitors can ride the zoo train, kayak through a 12 acre wetland or through the white rhino habitat, feed birds in the free flight aviary, and join a four hour guided eco tour. The zoo was built by volunteers. It is surrounded by the natural beauty of Florida in the city of Melbourne.
3. Shopping at Melbourne Square Mall-Square Mall is proud of its 130 large and elegant speciality stores , a children's play area and a large food court.
4. Dine at Kelsey's Riverview Restaurant- Dining with a view - watching the dolphins and boat traffic in the Intracoastal Waterway while enjoying the superb culinary creations of Chef Bradley Packard, this combined should make a successful evening.
5. Visit Andretti Thrill Park-This will keep the young ones happy and they'll have fun at this amusement park offering four go-kart tracks, a miniature golf course, laser tag, an arcade, a train ride, wave rave boats, and children's rides.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Melbourne. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Melbourne||Directions to Melbourne||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|