New York is the most populous city in the United States and the center of the New York Metropolitan Area. New York exerts a significant impact upon global commerce, finance, media, art, fashion, research, technology, education and entertainment. According to the 2010 census, New York has a total population of 8.175.133 residents.
NYC Downtown has been described as the cultural capital of the world, as numerous major American cultural movements began in the city, such as the Harlem Renaissance. NYC Downtown has a lot of wonderful attractions to offer its tourists. You will certainly not be bored here.
Manhattan is the pride of New York City. It stands tall as the center of trade, commerce, and culture. the seat of American government and cultural activities, it is also the home of the United Nations. Manhattan is a fast-paced city that has a lot to offer in terms of tourist attractions. Here are the top 5 things you must do while you're there.
1. Go to Bryant Park: For an exotic feel of watching a movie under a starlit sky, go to Bryant Park. Watch a movie with your friends at the Byrant Park and bring along a lot of popcorn and your favorite pop soda. Go there early to get the best seats.
2. See the Statue of Liberty: The Statue of Liberty is one of the defining architectural monuments of the USA. Take a ferry ride to Ellis Island and see this amazing monument.
3. Watch the street fairs: If you are a summer visitor to Manhattan, you cannot afford to miss the numerous street fairs that happen here. These fairs usually happen from 11 in the morning to 6 in the evening, and are the best places to get a slice of the Manhattan life.
4. Go to the Museum of the American Indian: For a feel of American history, visit the Museum of the American Indian.
5. Visit the Metropolitan Opera: Come and see one of the leading opera companies of the world. Located in the Upper West Side of Manhattan, the Metropolitan Opera boasts of having premiered the leading opera works.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art is a renowned art museum in NYC Downtown. Its permanent collection contains more than two million works, divided into nineteen departments. Represented in the permanent collection are works of art from classical antiquity and Ancient Egypt, paintings and sculptures from nearly all the European masters and an extensive collection of American and Modern Art.
Central Park NYC Downtown is a wonderful public park at the center of Manhattan in NYC Downtown. Central Park contains several natural looking lakes and ponds that have been created artificially, extensive walking tracks, bridle paths, two ice skating rinks, the Central Park Zoo, a wildlife sanctuary, natural woods, lawns and meadows, where you can sit and enjoy the great city landscape.
New York City Hall is located in NYC Downtown, at the center of City Hall Park. The City Hall is a great place to visit, in order to get a glimpse at the architecture that combines two noted historical movements, French Renaissance, which can be seen in the design of the exterior and American Georgian, in the interior design.