Park City in Utah, host of the famous Sundance Film Festival, is the best of both worlds, offering both ski and summer resorts. A vibrant nightlife exists throughout with fine dining, saloons and cultural activities, meeting all tastes. But the top 5 things to do are:
1. Deer Valley Resort: Visit Deer Valley Resort up in the mountains, which is a thrilling combination of luxury facilities and one of the top ski resorts in the US. Here you can pamper yourself when off the piste with good food and luxurious treats, with ski-ing available for all abilities.
2. Utah Winter Sports Park: Experience Utah Winter Sports Park, which will excite and maze with bobsled rides available with speeds of up to an incredible 70 mph. This combined with 4 Gs of force will give you the ride of your life. You can also try ski jumping lessons or snowboarding.
3. Try Mountain biking in Park City: Rolling hills and wild terrain provide adrenaline junkies with a real buzz in Park City. Or some more gentle routes can be found for those who are less experienced. Bikes can be hired for the day or week or longer and most of the routes are also good for hikers.
4. Main Street Shopping: Shop till you drop at Main Street. Originally established as a trading post for miners, this street has been a shoppers paradise since the 18th Century. The shops vary from quirky and individuals to trendy and high class boutiques which are all worth a look.
5. Alpine Slide: Take a ride on the wild side with the Alpine Slide. This is a real breathtaking toboggan ride down a snow-less 'mountain' located in Park City Mountain Resort. Tobogganers are taken by ski lift to the top of the slope, then get into wheeled toboggans for around 4 minutes of an action packed ride to the bottom. An experience not to be missed.