Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
Compare Deals and Bag a Cool Car Rental in Park City
Park City is located in between two counties, namely Summit and Wasatch, in the State of Utah. Named for Parley's Park, Park City was established in 1870. The population of Park City is approximated at around 7,560 inhabitants and it is said that in certain times of the year the tourists outnumber the local residents. Park City is extremely popular among tourists due to the fact that it includes three ski resorts.
To help you get around Park City, it is advisable to rent a car because it will give you the freedom to explore the area anytime you want! VroomVroomVroom can help you find a vehicle that will best suit your budget and needs so get in touch with our customer care team
so they can assist you with your booking process.
Top Attractions within Park City
The Park City Mountain Resort is one of the three major resorts in the city. There are 108 available trails that can be used in the practice of winter sports and they are divided according to difficulty into slopes and trails dedicated for beginners, intermediates and experts. In addition to the slopes available for skiing and snowboarding, the resort includes three terrain parks, which are mostly used by children for sled riding. A variety of accommodation providers are available at the lower levels of the resort, as well as a series of restaurants and coffee shops, such as the Snow Hut Restaurant and the Legacy Cafe.
The Deer Valley Resort is also located in Park City. This particular resort is designed to cater for a more professional and sophisticated crowd, which means that the services provided are of a higher class. A variety of establishments can be accessed in the resort. These are dedicated to shopping, dinning and lodging. A series of World Cup events are held on the slopes at the Deer Valley Resort.
The Canyons Resort is the third location of this kind in Park City. The variety of accommodation places is much wider here and it includes: the Grand Summit Hotel, the Vintage on the Strand, the Waldorf Astoria and several others. In addition to finding a great place to stay at the Canyons Resort, you may consider the great number of dining solutions offered here. Several of the most reputed food establishments in the Park City region have opened here, such as: the Alpine House, the Umbrella Bar and the Dreamscapes Grill. Summer programs, like mountain biking and zip lining, are available.
5 Things You Must Do in Park City
Park City in Utah, host of the famous Sundance Film Festival, is the best of both worlds, offering both ski and summer resorts. A vibrant nightlife exists throughout with fine dining, saloons and cultural activities, meeting all tastes. But the top 5 things to do are:
1. Deer Valley Resort: Visit Deer Valley Resort up in the mountains, which is a thrilling combination of luxury facilities and one of the top ski resorts in the US. Here you can pamper yourself when off the piste with good food and luxurious treats, with ski-ing available for all abilities.
2. Utah Winter Sports Park: Experience Utah Winter Sports Park, which will excite and maze with bobsled rides available with speeds of up to an incredible 70 mph. This combined with 4 Gs of force will give you the ride of your life. You can also try ski jumping lessons or snowboarding.
3. Try Mountain biking in Park City: Rolling hills and wild terrain provide adrenaline junkies with a real buzz in Park City. Or some more gentle routes can be found for those who are less experienced. Bikes can be hired for the day or week or longer and most of the routes are also good for hikers.
4. Main Street Shopping: Shop till you drop at Main Street. Originally established as a trading post for miners, this street has been a shoppers paradise since the 18th Century. The shops vary from quirky and individuals to trendy and high class boutiques which are all worth a look.
5. Alpine Slide: Take a ride on the wild side with the Alpine Slide. This is a real breathtaking toboggan ride down a snow-less 'mountain' located in Park City Mountain Resort. Tobogganers are taken by ski lift to the top of the slope, then get into wheeled toboggans for around 4 minutes of an action packed ride to the bottom. An experience not to be missed.
United States, Utah, United States
Other locations near Park City