Compare Deals to Find the Perfect Car Rental in Pasadena
Are you in search of the best car rental in Pasadena? We can help you! Our booking system allows you to search and compare rates from major brands such as Enterprise, Avis Budget and Hertz. A search box is located on top of this page, making it easier for you to compare and find the best rates. Just enter very basic information about your travel plans and we'll do the hard work for you.
Pasadena is only 10 miles (16 kilometers) northeast of downtown Los Angeles, California. Recognized for its abundance of "local cafes and boutiques, its focus on local art in the form of art galleries and theatres" by RentLingo, this charming small city is bordered by 12 communities such as Glendale, Highland Park, Eagle Rock, South Pasadena, San Marino, Temple City, San Gabriel, Arcadia, Sierra Madre, La Cañada Flintridge and Altadena.
Why rent a car in Pasadena with VroomVroomVroom?
Below are several advantages you'll enjoy when you book your Pasadena car rental through us.
- Zero booking fee
- Modify your booking for free
- Best rates guaranteed - Read our Price Promise for more details
- More vehicle options for you
- Excellent customer care - Contact us via phone call, email or live chat if you need help.
Best time to visit Pasadena
The weather in Pasadena is pleasant making it one of the best cities to visit in California year round. Summers are usually hotter, from June to September. While the winters are colder and wetter. August is the hottest month, December is the coldest and February is the wettest month.
Driving tips in Pasadena
Pasadena is best explored with a rental car. But did you know that Pasadena is the ninth-largest city in Los Angeles County? The driving time from Pasadena, CA to Los Angeles, CA via CA-110 is approximately 30 minutes, or less if you drive non-stop in a rental car. While the driving time from Pasadena, CA to Glendale, CA only takes 20 minutes or less via CA-134 W. If you are driving in the U.S. for the first time, read our Tips for Visitors Driving in the USA for additional advice and tips.
5 Things to do in Pasadena
Pasadena offers a real feast for culture vultures with a whole host green spaces and shopping all available in close proximity. The top 5 things to do are:
1. Old Pasadena- Established in the late 19th Century and carefully restored to resemble its former status, Old Pasadena gives a real glimpse of how streets looked and felt in previous times. It's a glorious mix of old and new which blends together to form a really charming attraction.
2. Nasa's JPL- Visit Nasa's JPL (the Jet Propulsion Lab) which brings space exploration to life. Tours are available for JPL, the birthplace of Explorer, the USA's satellite, way back in the 1930's and since then JPL has been at the cutting edge of space technology.
3. Gamble House- Take a trip to the Gamble House, with its well deserved status as a National Historic Landmark is an excellent example of a “Craftsman” house, so typical with American architecture of the early 20th Century.
4. Norton Simon Museum- Spend a day at the Norton Simon Museum which boasts a wonderful and eclectic mixture of Asian and European Art, including some classic sculptures by Henry Moore, housed in the gardens. Renoir, Monet and Rubens are all represented, along with major Dutch masters and others which cater for all artistic tastes and passions.
5. Rose Bowl- For a real authentic taste of Pasadena, take a trip to the Rose Bowl. This is the home ground of the famous Galaxy soccer team of Los Angeles (where Beckham plays). But the Rose Bowl also hosts flea markets, concerts and various special events throughout the year.Delicious Pasadena will entice you at any time of year. Book a cheap hire car and make savings, while exploring this Californian haven.