Compare Cheap Pasadena Car Rental
Did you know that Pasadena, Texas was named after Pasadena, California?
Best Way to Travel: Bus or Car
#1 Thing to do: Armand Bayou Nature Center
#2 Thing to do: Pasadena Historical Museum
#3 Thing to do: iT'Z Pasadena
Fun Fact: Pasadena Volunteer Fire Department is the largest all volunteer municipal fire department in the United States
#1 Car Rental Company: Hertz
5 Things to do in Pasadena
Pasadena offers a real feast for culture vultures with a whole host green spaces and shopping all available in close proximity. The top 5 things to do are:
1. Old Pasadena- Established in the late 19th Century and carefully restored to resemble its former status, Old Pasadena gives a real glimpse of how streets looked and felt in previous times. It's a glorious mix of old and new which blends together to form a really charming attraction.
2. Nasa's JPL- Visit Nasa's JPL (the Jet Propulsion Lab) which brings space exploration to life. Tours are available for JPL, the birthplace of Explorer, the USA's satellite, way back in the 1930's and since then JPL has been at the cutting edge of space technology.
3. Gamble House- Take a trip to the Gamble House, with its well deserved status as a National Historic Landmark is an excellent example of a “Craftsman” house, so typical with American architecture of the early 20th Century.
4. Norton Simon Museum- Spend a day at the Norton Simon Museum which boasts a wonderful and eclectic mixture of Asian and European Art, including some classic sculptures by Henry Moore, housed in the gardens. Renoir, Monet and Rubens are all represented, along with major Dutch masters and others which cater for all artistic tastes and passions.
5. Rose Bowl- For a real authentic taste of Pasadena, take a trip to the Rose Bowl. This is the home ground of the famous Galaxy soccer team of Los Angeles (where Beckham plays). But the Rose Bowl also hosts flea markets, concerts and various special events throughout the year.Delicious Pasadena will entice you at any time of year. Book a cheap hire car and make savings, while exploring this Californian haven.