At VroomVroomVroom, we've made it our mission to provide the best search results for rental cars to anyone for Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh International Airport, or anywhere across Pennsylvania. We work with all of the major car rental companies to give you up-to-the-second pricing, so it's quick and easy to book with us! And best of all, we charge you nothing! Yes, that's right! There's no payment to VroomVroomVroom - ever! Our service is free!
Pittsburgh is a city of over 300 thousand and America's “Steel City” thanks to its 300-plus steel-related businesses. A link between the ports and cities of the United States Atlantic coast and the Midwest region known for agriculture, manufacturing and the distribution of goods, Pittsburgh is a key city for industry and economic interests. Pittsburgh is a city with many bridges – at last count, 446 of them – and owns the world record for the city with the most of them! About 40 bridges cross the city's three rivers.
If you are traveling to Pittsburgh and you need to book a rental car, you probably want to know what kind of cars will be available, and to find all the lowest prices so you can make an informed decision. Hey, we hear you!
Reasons to book a car rental in Pittsburgh through VroomVroomVroom
You will also enjoy these benefits when you find and book a cheap Pittsburgh car rental at VroomVroomVroom:
Travelers flying to Pittsburgh will usually be arriving at Pittsburgh International Airport (airport code: PIT), which is actually located in Findlay Township, about 17 miles west of downtown Pittsburgh. This airport was the longtime hub of US Airways, and is now the site of that airline's 25 million-dollar, 27 thousand square feet, 600 employees Global Flight Operations Center. Arnold Palmer Regional Airport is located east of Pittsburgh in the suburb of Latrobe, while Allegheny County Airport is the area's largest general aviation airport and is south of Pittsburgh in West Mifflin.
At Pittsburgh International Airport, you will find 9 rental car agencies, with counters located on the baggage claim level of the Landside Terminal. Then it will be just a short walk to the airport's covered garage to pick up the cheap Pittsburgh car rental that you book with us today! The companies at PIT include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty.
Did you know that Pittsburgh is affectionately called “The City of Bridges” because of the whopping number of bridges connecting different chunks of the city? Imagine having to cross all 446 of them!
Pittsburgh is a city with an exhilarating history having been fought over by the French and British and first had European settlers as early as the 1700's. However, it is now a city proud of its history but very much at ease with its modern status as a vibrant and exciting place to live in or visit. The top 5 things to do in Pittsburgh are:
1. Try a Gateway Clipper Flight Cruise. These riverboats will take you on a luxurious cruise through the rivers of Pittsburgh all year round. You can enjoy fine dining and experience Pittsburgh from the water and even have a private cruise if required. Sailings from Station Square Dock.
2. Visit the Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens. These are located in the Schenley Park district which offers a truly awesome range of displays from tropical fauna to more standard flower shows with an impressive conservatory and a wide range of horticultural and gardening events/shows.
3. Spend a day at the Carnegie Science Center. Located at One Allegheny Avenue hosts an exciting range of exhibits, many of which are interactive including a genuine World War ll submarine. There is also a planetarium with various shows. Closed Mondays.
4. Have fun at Kennywood Park: (Mid May – September only) A real American family fun day out at a theme park which offers not just thrill seeking rides, but shows for all the family. One of the best loved theme parks in the US and a day not to be missed
5. Experience the Senator John Heinz Regional Historical Center: This world famous Museum is part of the Smithsonian Institute and also incorporates a sports museum inside it! As the largest museum in Pennsylvania and with extensive facilities it caters for all tastes and also includes a library and archives for serious historians.