Did you know that as a city with top-quality schools that excel and consistently garner the highest scores in the country, Plano peaked in 2006 when CNN Money declared it the wealthiest American city.
Best way to travel: Car, Train, Bus
#1 thing to do: Interurban Railway Museum
#2 thing to do: Heritage Farmstead Museum
#3 thing to do: ArtCentre of Plano
Fun fact: The city is home to a number of brands and companies we've come to love over the years. Names like Pizza Hut, Hewlett-Packard, Siemens and Frito-Lay definitely ring a bell to any modern-day person of this century.
#1 Car Rental Company: Avis
Plano, nestling in Texas, offers a wide range of activities for all age groups and tastes, but the top 5 things you must do while in Plano are:
1. Heard Natural Science Museum and Wildlife Sanctuary: Visit the Heard Natural Science Museum and Wildlife Sanctuary which is located just outside Plano in McKinney. It is home to a massive 289 acre wildlife preserve as well being a museum of nature. The museum boasts an impressive range of exhibits, including a very interactive science laboratory and an exhibition of the most venomous snakes to be found in Texas. Well worth a visit.
2. Interurban Railway Museum: Spend some time at the Interurban Railway Museum. This shows the history of transportation and role Plano played within the Texas Electric Railway. A fascinating insight into a bygone era.
3. Home of the Ewings: Take a trip to Southfork ranch: the home of the Ewings ! This is the famous ranch which featured in the Dallas series, so popular in the 1980's. Tour guides are available and there is a Visitors Centre as well as a shop and many other facilities, so have some fun and relive old times !
4. Old Plano: Try a walking tour of Old Plano. This features a walk or stroll through downtown Plano, with over 12 historic houses having been carefully renovated and brought back to life, as well as the Interurban Museum. A delightful chance to see how Plano may have looked in the past.
5. Billy Bob's Texas: Have a 'Honky tonk' time at Billy Bob's Texas, which is reputedly the best country music nightclub in the world. Even if country music isn't your scene, you will experience rodeo cowboys and a foot stomping atmosphere, so give it a go !
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Plano. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Plano||Directions to Plano||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|