Plymouth Car Rental Comparison
Plymouth is a beautiful city located in Metro Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, United States of America. Plymouth is the home of 10.000 residents and has an area of 2.2 square miles. The first settlers of Plymouth came into the area in 1825 buying land with 1.25$ for an acre. Benjamin Keziah and William Starkweather moved into this place together with their families. In present, Plymouth is a vibrant city with a lot of shops and restaurants. This is why famous people chose to live here - author Edward Samuel Corwin, philanthropist Margaret Dunning, actor Tom Hulce and Stardock owner and president Brad Wardell.
Top Attractions within Plymouth
Plymouth Ice Spectacular or Plymouth Ice Festival is an annual event held in Plymouth in late January. The festival has a history of more than 30 years. The tradition of ice carving was founded by Scott Lorenz and in present, about 500.000 are present in town in the days when this event takes place.
Kellog Park is one of the most beautiful parks in Plymouth and is famous for being surrounded by shops and restaurants. This central park is great for recreational activities and is a location many tourists and locals enjoy each season.
Art in the Park is the second largest art fair held in the state of Michigan. The tradition started with a mother and daughter team - Dianne Quinn and Rachel Rork who organize this exposition year by year, since 1980.
Music in the Air is a very pleasant event of Plymouth being held on a regular basis. Each Friday since June and until the end of September, live music concerts are hosted in popular parks of the city.
Nico & Vali Italian Eatery is one of the greatest restaurants in town offering delicious fresh made Italian dishes. Locals adore this restaurant, not only because of the food, but also thanks to its great atmosphere.
Five Things You Must Do in Plymouth
Located in the US state of Michigan, Plymouth is a city in Wayne County. The city is situated inside the Plymouth Community and is politically a self-governing city. The northern section of the city was created over land where the abandoned town of Phoenix once stood. The original town is still remembered by a stretch of water named, Phoenix Lake, which lies within the city of Plymouth.
1. Relax at the elegant spa: The Spa Juliana is situated in the heart of Plymouth city, which provides the ideal spot for unwinding and revitalizing the body. The furnishings of the spa are stylish and attractive. The spa provides countless water therapies, hydrotherapy showers, underwater light spa therapy and more.
2. Make use of the Conference Hall: The Plymouth Cultural Center is an ideal place for commercial conferences, public clubs, wedding parties, showers and many other unique events.
3. Skate at the Icy Rink: The Plymouth Ice Arena Center offers every kind of ice skating activity and also provides the ice skating equipments on a rental basis.
4. Visit the new playing field: Wilcox Park is one of the newest playing field in the Plymouth city situated at the edge of the Dewey & Byron Streets, which is a few block towards the east of Main Street and north of Ann Arbor Road. The park offers a fine location for picnic benches, brick passageways, along with a sanctuary.
5. The Old Aged Mansion: The Tonquish Creek Manor is fashioned specially for active men and women above sixty years of age. The entire mansion is marvelously furnished in a soothing and comfortable style with affable lounges on almost every floor for visiting with friends or just relaxing alone.