Pocomoke City Car Rental Comparison: Car Rentals on a Budget!
Pocomoke City is a nice city in Worcester County, Maryland, United States. It is also considered one of the friendliest places on the Eastern Shore. Pocomoke City has a population of approximately 4,180 inhabitants. Its history began in the 17th century and in 1878 was reincorporated as Pocomoke City.
Top Attractions within Pocomoke City
Lower Shore Family YMCA in Pocomoke City is a fun and entertainment provider for anyone that comes here. Here, visitors will find climbing towers, softball, soccer fields, as well as indoor basketball courts. Kids and families will have the opportunity to gather and spend a wonderful time together. Each member will find a funny activity or can have a picnic on the grounds in the special designated areas. Parking areas are huge. Kids will also have the opportunity to exercise, have fun or make new friends, so this spot in Pocomoke City is a must go for the entire family.
Delmarva Discovery Centre is the history of Pocomoke City area. It showcases exhibits from the Indians to modern times. Visitors of this museum in Pocomoke City will discover the lifestyles of the people who lived here and many interesting past events. It also houses 3-D displays, artifacts, as well as fascinating graphics. Here are also special places for kids. It is important for the culture and values of this place.
5Things You Must Do in Pocomoke City
Pocomoke City was named as the “friendliest town on Eastern Shore”. The city is located in Worcester County in Maryland, United States. The city has a scenic beauty, which attracts large number of tourists every year. The five highly rated places to visit in Pocomoke City are mentioned below:
1. Attractive Beaches, Rivers and Creek: Near to Pocomoke City, the Atlantic beaches, rivers and creeks of the Pocomoke city are very beautiful and seem to be a popular destination of the City. It is worth noting that beaches are always crowded with tourists and visitors.
2. Jane's Island State Park: Accessible only by boat this park offers opportunities for sailing on the water and walking along the miles of isolated shorelines. This is considered a treat for visitors who came to enjoy the peaceful isolation of this island. The park has rental cabins so tourists can stay and enjoy the beauty of the surrounding areas of Pocomoke city.
3. Holiday Inn Express Hotel: This is a newly-opened and stylish hotel that contains sixty-six rooms with many amenities, such as an indoor heated swimming pool, internet access and free superior continental breakfast.
4. Recreational Area of Pocomoke City: The city has several recreational areas such as resorts and parks, which encompass the oceans and the mountains. The visitors would get to see untouched land and pure old-growth forests.
5. View Trail 100 in Pocomoke City: This special festivity in the city is famous for its cycle competition. There is no restriction in who can participate, so visitors can also enjoy the thrill and experience of this entering this competition as well as spectating.