Pocomoke City is a nice city in Worcester County, Maryland, United States. It is also considered one of the friendliest places on the Eastern Shore. Pocomoke City has a population of approximately 4,180 inhabitants. Its history began in the 17th century and in 1878 was reincorporated as Pocomoke City.
Pocomoke City was named as the “friendliest town on Eastern Shore”. The city is located in Worcester County in Maryland, United States. The city has a scenic beauty, which attracts large number of tourists every year. The five highly rated places to visit in Pocomoke City are mentioned below:
1. Attractive Beaches, Rivers and Creek: Near to Pocomoke City, the Atlantic beaches, rivers and creeks of the Pocomoke city are very beautiful and seem to be a popular destination of the City. It is worth noting that beaches are always crowded with tourists and visitors.
2. Jane's Island State Park: Accessible only by boat this park offers opportunities for sailing on the water and walking along the miles of isolated shorelines. This is considered a treat for visitors who came to enjoy the peaceful isolation of this island. The park has rental cabins so tourists can stay and enjoy the beauty of the surrounding areas of Pocomoke city.
3. Holiday Inn Express Hotel: This is a newly-opened and stylish hotel that contains sixty-six rooms with many amenities, such as an indoor heated swimming pool, internet access and free superior continental breakfast.
4. Recreational Area of Pocomoke City: The city has several recreational areas such as resorts and parks, which encompass the oceans and the mountains. The visitors would get to see untouched land and pure old-growth forests.
5. View Trail 100 in Pocomoke City: This special festivity in the city is famous for its cycle competition. There is no restriction in who can participate, so visitors can also enjoy the thrill and experience of this entering this competition as well as spectating.