Are you looking for a cheap car rental in Pompano Beach? With VroomVroomVroom, you are able to compare all the vehicles that will be available on the dates you'll be in Pompano Beach, and see true total costs for renting a car, truck or SUV. We compare rental cars from trusted brands including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and Thrifty. Start comparing deals to find the lowest price.
Pompano Beach is a city with over 100 thousand residents, located on the Atlantic Ocean coast of Florida, just north of Fort Lauderdale. Pompano Beach is a suburb of Miami, and the total population of the nearby metropolitan area is over 5.5 million Americans! This city is named after a species of fish, the Florida pompano. Pompano Beach is well-known for its approximately 3 miles of beautiful, oceanfront beaches. Actor Kelsey Grammer (from TV's "Frasier" and the upcoming movie "Transformers 4") has a home in Pompano Beach.
If you will be in Pompano Beach on vacation or perhaps on a business trip, wouldn't it make your trip more fun & relaxing to have the use of a rental car? It can take you to wherever you want to go, and you can explore all the attractions that this great area of Florida has to offer.
One you've arrived in Pompano Beach and picked up the cheap car rental that you chose from our search results, it'll be time to check out the beach and have some fun in the sun! But what if you get bored of the sand, swimsuits and cool Atlantic Ocean breezes? Well, it's probably good for you to know that Pompano Beach holds annual festivals and parades like the Pompano Beach Seafood Festival, the Pompano Beach Holiday Boat Parade, the St. Patrick's Irish Festival, and the St. Coleman's Italian Festival! Depending on when you're in this fine city, driving your rental car over to the site of one of these community parties might just be the cure for what ails you!
If all the partying sounds like it might not be your thing, perhaps the culture and arts life in Pompano Beach is more your style? Check out the Ely Educational Museum – it's just a short drive away thanks to your rental car – or drive down to the Meridian Gallery or Pompano Beach Art Gallery to see some great local art collections! There's also the vibrant community theatre scene, and if that sounds like something you'd like, look up the Curtain Call Playhouse or Poet Productions!
Pompano Beach is a beautiful city located in Florida, United States. Part of Broward County, Pompano Beach is situated along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, which offers some lovely views to the whole area. Pompano Beach has a surface of 25.8 square miles and a population of about 99,800 residents, as the 2010 census indicated. Pompano Beach was first settled in the 1880s, incorporated as a town in 1908, and officially recognized as a city in 1947. Pompano Beach is known for having a developed real estate market, due to the vacation homes available here.
Cypress Nook Restaurant is a spot that should not be missed by visitors arriving in Pompano Beach. Traditional American foods, but also German specialties can be tasted in this lovely location. The foods are delicious, while the services are the highest quality ones in the whole area. In this spot you can eat breakfast and lunch, but also fine dinners.
Calypso Restaurant is another great place to eat in when being in Pompano Beach. The family owned business offers great services and the best seafood. The meals you can eat in this spot are very fresh and perfectly cooked.
Fern Forest Nature Park is a great place to visit for a walk in the nature. The natural area is perfect for hiking, but the favorite activity here is viewing wildlife. Within this place you can relax while admiring a wonderful beauty. Spending an afternoon in this location will surely be a great experience. Another amazing natural spot to visit in the city is the Sandy Ridge Sanctuary, a natural habitat of a scenic beauty in which you can observe an intact Florida ecosystem.
Muvico Broward 18 Theater is a wonderful theater located in Pompano Beach. Within this cultural venue of the city you can watch movies or you can attend great stage performances. The theater is actually located in the center of the city, so near this area you will find numerous stores and also restaurants.
Luxuriating in the 'gold coast' of Florida, Pompano Beach offers all year round fun for all, with its mild winters and beautiful summers. The emphasis here is on having fun and taking life a little easy. The top 5 things to do in Pompano Beach are:
1. Visit the Festival Fleamarket Mall. Here over 800 stalls and stores vie to get your dollars, selling a whole feast of merchandise at rock bottom prices. Not to be missed just for the experience!
2. Lighthouse Point. Travel up the coast a couple of miles and see the Lighthouse Point where the Hillsboro Light is situated, the biggest and brightest lighthouse in the southeast. A real night time treat.
3. Pompano Pier. Take a leisurely stroll down the famous Pompano Pier, which rolls into the Atlantic, for over 1,000 feet and gives a real taste of the sea and its power. Taste the saltwater on your lips and just feel the force of the ocean. Little stalls and kiosks selling bait or 'sunstuff' can also be found on the pier.
4. Sunny Pompano Beach. The beach itself with its golden sands, facilities and general air of having fun is a great place to spend the day and just chill a little. You can't come to Pompano Beach and not experience the beach itself !
5. Visit American Watersports. This place offers all kind of water based activities from kayaking to parasailing. Whatever your aquatic tastes, they can be met here whether you want to hire a hobie or a set of jetskis!