Port Angeles is a great city in the state of Washington, United States, located more exactly in Clallam County and being its county seat at the same time. The history of Port Angeles goes back to 1791, when Spanish explorer Francisco de Eliza visited the area for the first time. Later on, Port Angeles became incorporated in 1890. Port Angeles is renowned for being home to Peninsula College. There are 19,038 people living in Port Angeles, according to the 2010 census. The motto of Port Angeles is 'The Center of it All on the Olympic Peninsula', so the city is clearly a great place to visit.
The Salt Creek Recreation Area
is a beautiful place in the core of the nature, where you will be able to relax, take in the fresh air and admire the beautiful scenery. This coastal area used to be a military fort but it was converted after the Second World War into an amazing recreational area, where you will be able to admire many forms of life. The beaches abound in tidepools which will captivate you. Camping is also available.
The Harbinger Winery
is one of the preferred venues in Port Angeles among locals. When coming here, you will be able to enjoy the extensive selection of wines and beers, which come at affordable prices. The atmosphere is great and the staff and owner are really friendly.
Olympic Raft & Kayak
is the place to go if you want to embark on a great adventure with your family, in and around the Olympic National Park. This rafting trip will be amazing and you will never forget it. Not to worry, though, the safety conditions are excellent.
is good for everything. Whether you are doing business or dining with your family, this venue will delight you with its numerous specialties and tasty foods. The restaurant served American, International, Contemporary and Seafood dishes, which will satisfy every taste bud.
Port Angeles is a city situated in Washington, United States. Its original name was “Puerto de Nuestra Senora de Los Angeles” which was only shortened to its present form in the mid-1800s. The city came into the limelight due to the football fame of John Elway, who was born here. The five best places to visit in Port Angles are as follows:
1. Olympic National Park: This region encompasses the sea and the mountains where travelers will see untouched landscapes and virgin old-growth forests. Accommodation is mostly limited to rest rooms complete with working fireplaces. However, despite this walking these trails are worth the effort.
2. Red Lion: Situated at a distance of five miles from Fairchild International Airport, the Red Lion has a swimming pool, restaurant, lounge and a hot tub. It also provides a laundry service.
3. Salt Creek Recreation Area: Previously an old military fort, Salt Creek was converted to a recreational area after the Second World War. It is currently a very popular area of the coastline and visited by people of all ages taking part in various recreational activities.
4. Arthur D Feiro Marine Life Center: This facility provides a chance for visitors to learn a little about the marine life habiting the Olympic Peninsula. For more information on the Center click on the link.
5. Nor'wester Rotary Fair: Nor'wester Rotary holds their annual art and crafts street fair every summer, known as “Arts in Action”. It is organized on the city pier and boasts an arts and crafts competition; continuous live music and one of the top five sand-sculpture competitions in the United States.