We make it simple and easy for anyone to book a reliable car rental in Poughkeepsie. Our site presents rental car options from leading suppliers such as Enterprise, Hertz, Budget and Avis in single page. All you need is fill in the search form with full information to begin comparing the best car rental rates. There are no booking and modification fees and you can also cancel for free as long as you do it 48 hours prior to pickup.
Poughkeepsie is the county seat of Dutchess County, New York, United States of America. Poughkeepsie is situated in the Hudson River Valley, between New York City and Albany. The name of the city comes from the Wappinger language where it sounded like "U-puku-ipi-sing" and means "the reed covered lodge by the little-water place", making a reference to the Hudson River. The city is nicknamed "The Queen City of Hudson.
We are the experts on finding the best rates in Poughkeepsie. Our customer love to book with us and here's why:
A car rental in Poughkeepsie can help you explore everything this great place has to offer. Cities near Poughkeepsie include Beacon, Kingston, Cortlandt, Middletown, Haverstraw and Mount Kisco. The driving time from Poughkeepsie, NY to Beacon, NY via U.S. 9 S/South Rd and NY-9D S is about 30 minutes (15.8 miles), or less if you drive non-stop in a rental car.
Top Attractions within Poughkeepsie
Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center is a large museum within the area of Vassar College, in Poughkeepsie. It was founded in 1864 and named Vassar College Art Gallery. The museum displays collections of art including both antique and modern works. The center bears the name of the donor of the building, Frances Lehman Loeb, who graduated at the Vassar College in 1928.
Mid-Hudson Children Museum opened in 1997 in Poughkeepsie. The museum offers great collections that can be visited by families and promotes the creativity of children, teaching them to explore. The museum also has a small restaurant with fresh made food.
Bananas Comedy Club is a stand-up comedy venue. The club opened in Poughkeepsie in 1986. Famous comedians that performed here through the years include Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Jamie Foxx and Tim Allen. Jimmy Fallon started his career here after winning an impression contest.
Aloy's Italian Restaurant has excellent Italian food. At 155 Garden Street, in Poughkeepsie, you can enjoy the best dishes of the Italian cuisine. The tastiest foods enlisted in the menu are cannoli, frittata and chicken cacciatore.
Poughkeepsie city is situated in New York in the United States of America and can be found in the western part of Dutchess County. The city is bordered by Poughkeepsie Township from north and Hudson River on its west and is popularly referred to as “the Queen City of the Hudson”.
1. The Chance: Recently bestowed with the title of “Best Music Joint” in the Hudson Valley, The Chance Theater is best known for its live music in varied styles such as rock and roll, country, metal and blues. The city has three distinctive clubs: Club Crannel, The Loft as well as The Chance Theater where teenagers can dance all night long
2. Arts Center-Cunneen Hackett: For all the lovers of art this is the place to visit. It features an art gallery as well as a Victorian parlor. The center also hosts several musicians' concerts, dances, lectures, films and dramas each year.
3. Locust Grove: On the outskirts to Poughkeepsie city is this amazing nationally historic landmark. This is a 150-acre site on which a museum shop, Morse Mansion, Morse Gallery, stunning flower gardens, herb gardens, vegetable gardens, shady groves and walking trails can be found. Locust Grove is also free to visit.
4. Riverboat Tours: Once in Poughkeepsie, do not miss the opportunity to undertake a cruise on a paddle steamer. Aboard, tourists can take lunch, dinner, along with experiencing a wine-tasting sessions. The tours are also available for private chartering.
5. Clinton House: This house museum is named after the first governor of New York, George Clinton. This home remains open for tourists Tuesdays to Fridays from 10am to 3pm.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Poughkeepsie. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Poughkeepsie||Directions to Poughkeepsie||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|