Poway ia city in San Diego County, California, United States. Poway became a city in 1980 and today numbers approximately 47,800 inhabitants.It is known for its beautiful parks and points of interest.
Top Attractions within Poway
Aubrey Park is a nice place located in Poway. It provides many entertainment facilities, as well as many picnic areas and walking trails, a snack shop and many sports fields. People of all ages have fun here, play games in teams and enjoy the time spent in this area. The park is very clean, filled with many and beautiful plant species and the scenery is amazing. Tourists looking for a nice and quiet spot, will be amazed by this park.
Lake Poway is one of the most relaxing spots in Poway. Here, people can fish, relax on the green grass, take photos, have a picnic in the special designed areas and admire the beautiful plant species. Kids can run around and play, while adults can relax. It is one of the perfect places for families to gather and relax together when they are in Poway.
Sycamore Canyon Preserve and Goodan Ranch in Poway is a great place for people that like sports, adventure and want to see something special. Here, they will find numerous hiking, biking, horseback riding trails. It has over 10 miles and also features a Visitor Centre. It is a place where many people come to have fun and practice their favourite sports or try for the first time. Let adventure begin and enjoy your trip in Poway.
Poway Historical&Memorial Museum features a blacksmith shop, a railroad and the Nelson House. Visit this place and discover the past and the evolution of this place. Kids will also be fascinated by the exhibits displayed here. It is an opportunity to learn new things and buy intersting souvenirs from the museum's shop.Did you know that Poway is geographically located at the center of San Diego County?
Poway is a city located in the County of San Diego, California. Various commodities such as arrow heads, grinding stones and other ancient artifacts point to the fact that Poway was earlier inhabited by the Diegueno community.
1. Visit the Lake Poway: The area enables you to take a leisurely stroll along the lake with plenty of fishing locations and scenic dam views. The lake is surrounded by tall evergreen trees and is a popular area for hiking.
2. Explore the scenic Old Poway Park: This Park is situated in North San Diego County and comprises of attractive scenery which draw visitors from far and wide. Spread over a 5-acre site it comprises of an elaborate walking track. The old farmhouse of 1909 has been renovated and showcases some precious pottery items of the area.
3. Poway Historical Society Museum: The museum houses an interesting collection of photographs, artifacts and clothing from the bygone years. The exhibitions change regularly so there is always something new to see.
4. Play golf at Maderas Golf Club: This golf course describes itself as California's premier golf destination. The course was designed by Johnny Miller and Robert Muirgraves and features five waterfalls, three lakes and around forty acres of native wildflowers. The club also caters for special events such as weddings or private parties.
5. Visit the Blue Sky Ecological Reserve: This reserve primarily deals in the conservation of fisheries and other species of live-stock. The place is frequented by about 40,000 tourists annually. The reserve caters for school field trips and offers good hiking facilities, campfire programs and trekking areas.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Poway. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Poway||Directions to Poway||Latitude||Longitude|
|San Diego (Poway)||2/3||Directions||32.9803||-117.008369|
|San Diego (Miramar)||8/14||Directions||32.877281||-117.139029|
|San Diego (North)||12/19||Directions||32.834957||-117.172121|
|San Diego (Torrey Pines)||13/21||Directions||32.891984||-117.241208|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|