Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
Have a Fun Vacation in Princeton with a Reliable Car Rental
VroomVroomVroom makes booking a car rental in Princeton easy and quick. We can also help you find the cheapest price by comparing deals from major brands including Avis, Budget, Hertz and Enterprise. Whether you are looking for an economy car, an SUV, or a luxury rental car, you can find it easily by filtering the list. With a car rental in tow, getting around Princeton will be such a breeze.
Princeton is a charming community in the state of New Jersey, United States, located more exactly in Mercer County. The history of Princeton goes back to the times when the area was inhabited by the Lenni Lenape Indians. Later on, Princeton was founded in the 17th century by Europeans.
Since then, Princeton developed hugely and nowadays it is mostly known as the location of Princeton University. This college town is filled with other cultural institutions, but with many attractions and venues, as well. Princeton is also a famous setting, as numerous movies were shot here, including Oscar-winning film A Beautiful Mind, I.Q., Across the Universe and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
Reasons to rent a car in Princeton through VroomVroomVroom
- Zero booking fee
- Modify your booking for free
- Best rates - Check out our Price Promise for more details
- More pick up and drop off locations
- More vehicle options
- Excellent customer care - Contact us now if you need assistance
Best time to visit Princeton, NJ
Just like New York, the weather in Princeton, New Jersey is unpredictable. If you are planning to go to the beach, it is best to go during the summer months. However, it can get too humid and hot sometimes. Some of the most popular events in Princeton include the Apple Day in Terhune Orchards held every September. October is also a great time to visit the city because the weather is cooler and you can join the Fall Family Fun Weekends also held at the same venue.
Driving tips in Princeton, NJ
Top Attractions within Princeton
The Chocolate Lovers Club is a great little shop in Princeton, where you will get the chance to eat the best chocolate ever! The chocolate is made after a traditional recipe and using cocoa from South Africa. Here, you can buy chocolate covered pretzels, oreos and potato chips, as well as a unique hot Aztec chocolate beverage and many other chocolate specialties. It is like chocolate Heaven!
Ezekiel's Table is a wonderful venue in Princeton, where great food intermingles with history and traditions. When arriving here, you will get the chance to visit the 300-year-old farm house, with all its great artifacts, furnishings and historical items. Then, you will step into the kitchen and cook dinner under the guidance of the chef. You can then spend the end of the evening in the impressive Colonial dining room.
Marquand Park is a lovely place in the core of the nature, where you will be able to relax and take in the fresh air. This recreational area contains walking and hiking paths, as well as a baseball field and other attractions designed especially for children, such as a play structure and a sandbox. You will also see here some of the largest trees in the state.
5 Things You Must Do in Princeton
Princeton, in New Jersey offers a cornucopia of delights, being a city with a long and often turbulent history, it is now a modern and vibrant place to visit, with a real mixture of the old meets the new in perfect harmony. The top 5 things to do in Princeton are:
1.Princeton BattelfieldState Park on Mercer Street. This is a really historic landmark, having been the location of one of the most ferocious battles of the American Revolutionary War. It now has over 80 acres of land, with a Museum which breathes life into American history and its struggle for independence.
2. Museum of Natural History . Another Museum which cannot be missed is the Museum of Natural History at Eno Hall. Here you can wonder at the sheer size of dinosaur eggs and replicas and learn more about how our world today was shaped.
3. McCarter Theater Center for the Performing Arts. Take in a show at the McCarter Theater Center for the Performing Arts. This cultural oasis showcases around 140 acts every season and is the place to come if you want to see internationally renowned musicians, dancers or theatre. Don't miss it !
4. University of Princeton. Breathe in some air of academia by taking a stroll through the ivy league University of Princeton. Interesting architecture and a whole range of cultural activities as well as the chance to take a tour of the University make this an opportunity not to be missed.
5. Canoe or kayak. Take a trip on a canoe or kayak and watch the turtles lazing and get in touch with nature as you paddle leisurely along. Its an amazing way to get to know the 'other side' of Princeton.
United States, New Jersey, United States
Other locations near Princeton