There are so many great attractions for visitors to see in Providence, it's hard to pick just one! Let's talk about some cool things you might enjoy, thanks to the freedom you gain when you book a cheap car rental!
Jump in your rental car and take a drive towards the city of East Providence, Rhode Island, and take the Providence Ghost Tour! The foundation of this tour has been carefully researched to create an exhibit on the past of real people and their misfortunes. Many homes that are in vicinity of the tour have been there since before the Revolution.
Take a drive in your rental car to the Veterans Memorial Auditorium Arts and Cultural Center in Providence. Check out the outstanding performances in a living memorial in honor of Rhode Island vets. This is a perfect attraction to bring the whole family too!
Looking for a beautiful place for a wedding or just a place to hold a luxurious get together? Drive your rental car over to the Rodger Williams Park Casino to see the above and beyond site we have to offer for any and all occasions. This is unlike any casino you have ever seen! Hope to see you there!
The top art museum is Providence is certainly the Rhode Island School of Design Museum of Art. If you have some free time while visiting Providence, drive your car rental over to this famous museum and see its innovative showcases of over 80 thousand art pieces...Paul Revere's silver is on display here, as are works from 18th century Europe, French Impressionists and modern art from recent graduates of the school. Make sure to see the 12th-century Japanese Buddha -- it has its own room, complete with meditation benches for visitors! You'll be happy you compared cheap car rental rates here at VroomVroomVroom, because you can take as long as you like before hopping back into your car and heading off in search of more Providence adventures!
Providence in Rhode Island is a city which is proud of its cultural heritage and offers a real mix of waterside vistas, classical architecture and superb facilities. The top 5 things to do are:
1. Visit the Roger Williams Park Zoo: Locatedon Elmwood Avenue which is a beautiful 430+ acre park which combines a Natural History Museum and a planetarium. There is also a saltwater aquarium, with great facilities in the park it's an action packed day.
2. Rhode Island State House: Have an architectural treat by going to see the Rhode Island State House, on Smith Street, which is a marble capitol, dating back from 1900. Classic marble which blazes in the sun and one of the biggest self supporting domes in the world make this a must see whilst in Providence.
3. The Providence Athenaeum: Benefit Street is one of the oldest libraries in the US. It dates back from 1838 and is a classic 'Greek' style building with some unusual and fascinating artefacts and exhibitions. Never has a library been so interesting!
4. Check out the gorgeous Brown University Campus: Spend a day at Brown University, Prospect Street. Since 1764 this College has enjoyed a reputation as one of the leading colleges in the US. Tours of the campus are available or just soak up its ivy league atmosphere.
5. Museum of Art: Take a trip to the Museum of Art, in Benefit Street which houses an outstanding array of fine art, statues, Chinese terra cotta and European art, both old and new. There really is something for all artistic tastes and outlooks and cannot be missed.