Compare Rates to Find a Reliable and Affordable Car Rental in Punta Gorda
If you'll be taking a trip to Punta Gorda soon, you'd be wise to use us to book your rental car for use while traveling in and around this beautiful city! Enterprise Car Rental and Hertz Car Rental are available in Punta Gorda, while other nearby cities like Port Charlotte offer additional options. Punta Gorda is a city of over 17 thousand people located in southwest Florida on Charlotte Harbor, just south of Port Charlotte and north of the Fort Myers and Cape Coral area. The city's name comes from the Spanish words for “fat point”, referring to the shape of the land as it sticks out into the harbor.
Why rent a car in Punta Gorda through VroomVroomVroom?
At VroomVroomVroom, we are the experts in cheap car rental, and we help people every day to compare the best rates on rental cars and trucks in Punta Gorda, the Fort Myers metropolitan area, and all around south Florida. Other benefits of booking at VroomVroomVroom include:
- We can easily save you a lot of money when you book with us, because our system shows you vehicles that will be available on the dates you need a rental, and it also shows you the true, total price for the booking.
- No booking and modification fees.
- You can also cancel for free as long as you do it 48 hours prior your pickup. That's why we're the leaders in the car rental rate comparison industry.
- We offer excellent customer support through our high-skilled customer care experts waiting to help your car rental needs. Just contact us today!
Driving tips in Punta Gorda
Once you've picked up your cheap car rental, why not use it to explore some of the coolest attractions in this hot, south Florida city? The Muscle Car City Museum is one of the most interesting places to go in Punta Gorda, especially if you like classic cars! Or, drive your rental car over to the Peace River Wildlife Center at Ponce De Leon Park, the top attraction in Punta Gorda! This is a favorite park and nature preservation of the locals, and they will tell you how great it is. Check it out! And when you're done there, why not take another drive, this time to the Octagon Wildlife Sanctuary and Rehabilitation Center… see their big cats and have an educational, fun afternoon that your whole family can enjoy! Hope to see you there!
Here are more items of interest about Punta Gorda, Florida!
Punta Gorda is located in the Charlotte County, in the State of Florida. As the county seat, Punta Gorda is the only incorporated municipality in Charlotte County. The first settlement of the Punta Gorda region took place in 1882 and the incorporation came in 1900. The population of Punta Gorda numbers over 16,760 inhabitants.
Basically, Punta Gorda is the prime city of the Punta Gorda, Florida City Statistical Region and is also a prime city of the Sarasota-Bradenton-Punta Gorda United Statistical Region. The topography of Punta Gorda was severely destroyed, subsequent to the Hurricane Charley disaster on 13th of August, 2004. Certain tourist attracting events and destinations of Punta Gorda, Florida are listed below.
Top Attractions within Punta Gorda
The Blanchard House and Museum of African American History and Culture of Charlotte County is located in Punta Gorda. This institution is the most important representative of the evolution of the community in this county. The Blanchard house was built in 1925 and it is one of the local landmarks. The museum located inside it presents a vast history collection, which includes artifacts related to the historic evolution of the African American settlers. The building also includes a library, which hosts occasional book clubs and seminars on culture.
National Register of Historic Places Buildings located in Punta Gorda will amaze you through great architectural styles, unique decorations and intriguing backup stories. There are several houses that can be visited in the form of a historical and architectural tour. Some of the most famous residences that you will have the possibility to admire are: the A.C. Freeman House (1903), the H.W. Smith Building (1926), the Old First National Bank (1912), the Women's Club (1925) and the Atlantic Coast Line Depot (1928).
The Laishley Park Municipal Marina of Punta Gorda is one of the best places that will complete your summer vacation in the region. The marina is home to numerous leisure boats. Tourists can rent out a boat and take a short cruise around the region. This will provide them with the best vacation experience and with the most amazing memories. Several events are held throughout the year in the Marina, depending on the season and on the outside weather.
The Torch Bistro presents itself as the only restaurant in Punta Gorda with the suitable ambiance for fine dining. The variety of dishes offered here and the unique style of serving will surely make you agree that the Torch Bistro is perfect for dining.
5 Things You Must Do in Punta Gorda
1. Hop into Some Musical Orchestra: Pioneered in 1978, the Charlotte Symphony Orchestra hosts musical feats from around 45 to 65 musicians along with a four series musical bash that are: Holiday Magic concert during Christmas, Chamber Music Show, Educational Audio Concerts, and the Annual Pops Musical Concert at Sunset.
2. Golfing Bliss: The Deep Creek Golf Club is basically a semiprivatly owned golf course of 18 holes, par 70, spread on a golfing surface of 6,000 yards for all-level golfers. The club also offers the luxury of a full overhaul café along with a counter bar.
3. Florida Bat Center: The Florida Bat Center is wholly devoted to saving and caring for the indigenous population of bats in Florida. This center offers immense, amazing, and exciting facts pertaining to bats and their livelihood.
4. Step into The Eternal Residence: The A.C. Freeman House is the only Victorian House in the County and is the finest conserved edifice in Punta Gorda.
5. Plunge into Bissett Park: The Bissett Park is one of the biggest parks providing innumerous recreational activities with a basketball court, horseshoe pits, and tennis courts.