Compare Deals to Find a Cheap Car Rental in Puyallup
Puyallup is located in the Pierce County, in the State of Washington. The city was named after the Native American Tribe Puyallup, which means "the generous people". The first members of the tribe that settled the area of Puyallup came in the 1830s. As one of the major communities in the region, Puyallup has a growing population, which numbers approximately 37,020 inhabitants.
Top Attractions within Puyallup
The Antique District in Puyallup provides a wide variety of shops and stores for those interested. This is a so-called "old-fashioned shopping area". The shops here have maintained their natural vintage aspect. You will appreciate taking a tour through the Antique District and will find souvenirs and gifts for everyone back home.
The Pioneer Park in Puyallup has a variety of amenities and facilities included. First of all, the park has numerous outdoor spaces, playgrounds, pavilions and paths that you can enjoy. Secondly, the park is also the home of a library. You can pick up your favorite reading materials from here and then relax on a bench in the park while reading. Lastly, near the library, a stage has been constructed to host live musical concerts in the summer. The Pioneer Park has something to offer for all its visitors and many other facilities to be used. During weekend days, the park is home to the local farmers market.
The Puyallup Fair is held every year for one week in April and for two weeks in September. This is one of the most famous celebrations in the region, gathering a great number of visitors here. The fair is based on the Fairgrounds, on which the town has developed. The events include concerts, contests, exhibitions, markets, food and drink stands and so on. Local restaurants and businesses use these moments to promote their services and products more.
The Paul H. Karshner Memorial Museum is a teaching museum in Puyallup. The museum provides a "Discovery Kit" which will enable children of all ages to learn more and have the most suitable examples for the materials they are given in school.
5 Things You Must Do in Puyallup
Located at a traveling distance of five miles to the east of Tacoma, Puyallup is a city in Pierce County, Washington, United States. Listed below are the five best places and events to visit and experience in Puyallup:
1. The Puyallup Fairground: This is a 160-acre fairground situated within a forty minutes traveling distance to the south of Seattle and is a great place for recreational activities. In addition to the annual Puyallup Fairs, the edifices and stadiums here host various horse shows, dog shows, car shows and other similar events.
2. Stroll around the Daffodil Fiesta Carnival: Puyallup also plays host to one of the four divisions of the grand, annual Daffodil Carnival that is conducted in unison with the towns of Orting, Sumner and Tacoma.
3. Explore the traditional locality: The Puyallup County is also well known for its countless antique outlets, of which several are situated adjacent one another, on the prime shopping location that is North-South Avenue of Meridian.
4. The Monumental Gallery: The Monumental Gallery of Paul H. Karshner is the lone K-12 educational art gallery. Various cases and works exhibited here finely display historic handicrafts to give a sense of the arts and culture of the period.
5. Experience the open-air City Center Museum: The “Arts Downtown” Outdoor Gallery in the town is a local nonprofit association that promotes and exhibits outstanding works of communal articrafts.