Search and Compare Car Rental Deals in Quincy Today
5 Things You Must Do in Quincy
1. Adams National Historical Park. Visit the Adams National Historical Park which includes the home of the Adams family and a visitors center was well as a Church and the Adams crypt. It is a compact site of just over 13 acres, but crammed with history.
2. Dorothy Quincy homestead. Spend some time at the Dorothy Quincy Homestead. John Hancock, who was the first signatory of the Declaration of Independence vowed his love for Dorothy at this homestead which has been painstakingly restored and preserved over the years and dates back to 1706.
3. Check out the Warships! Spend some time on the USS Salem, on Washington Street, one of America's most formidable warships. At 717 feet she is a gigantic ship and provides a chance to see what life on board was like, in times of both peace and war.
4. Take a stroll down Historical Quincy. Starting at the Visitors Center on Hancock Street which can provide leaflets and plenty of information. Either you can take a guided tour or just explore this historic area on your own.
5. Thomas Crane Public Library. For an architectural treat, the Thomas Crane Public Library cannot be missed. Built originally in 1880 to a classic Romanesque style and last updated in 2001 this is a stunning building which has various 'wings' and sections all different, but all blending in together.
Top Attractions Within Quincy
The Fat Cat is a wonderful place in Quincy, where you can have the best macaroni and cheese dish in town. Aside from a mouthwatering mac and cheese, you have a wide range of delicious dishes and desserts to choose from. The atmosphere is fun and relaxed, the prices are reasonable and the location is also convenient, close to other restaurants and bars.
The Four's Restaurant is the venue where you can find food and sport under the same roof. Whether you are from Boston or LA, you can be sure that you will be able to see your team play. With the most extensive collection of sports memorabilia in the greater Boston and Quincy area, the Four's is a haven for the sport enthusiast.
Fox and Hound Wood Grill Tavern is a unique venue in Quincy, with a calming atmosphere, great food and a fine selection of wines. Whether you are in the mood for a juicy steak or an elegant seafood dish, you will surely find it at this lovely Quincy restaurant.