Reading is a wonderful city located in Pennsylvania, United States. The county seat of Berks County, Reading is one of the most important cities in the area. The city was founded in 1748. Nowadays, Reading is a popular tourist destination among visitors who want to spend a relaxing US vacation. It is the fifth largest city of Pennsylvania and the sixth largest municipality after the township of Upper Darby. Reading is also called “The Pretzel Capital”.
Plaza Azteca is a great restaurant located in Reading. The Mexican food you can eat in this spot is really tasty and well prepared. It actually is considered to be the best Mexican food in the state. Well, there are numerous specialties you can taste in this lovely restaurant, the place being large and well staffed. Anyway, if you are not a Mexican food fan and you want to taste Mediterranean or Middle Eastern food, Aladdin Restaurant is the right place to be in.
Reading Public Museum is an interesting cultural venue located in Reading. In this spot you can see numerous fascinating exhibits, but you can also attend indoor and outdoor entertainment programs. The museum is filled with local art works, while next to it you will find a gift shop from which you can purchase souvenirs.
Center Park Historic District is a wonderful part of Reading. In fact, this is a spot not to be missed when being in Reading, as here you will be able see numerous buildings of an impressive architectural style, including Victorian homes. The spot also includes Gothic Revival style houses. However, one of the most impressive and important buildings in Reading remains Pagoda Skyline, designed in the style of Japanese Shogun Dynasty.
Reading City Park is the biggest park in the city. There are numerous facilities that can be enjoyed in this lovely location. The park is great to visit for relaxing walks in a spot of an impressive natural beauty, but the place is also perfect for sports and outdoor adventures.
1. Reading Railroad Museum: Memorabilia and artifacts relating to the history of the pioneering railroad are on display at this museum. It keeps the memory of America's greatest transportation alive.
2. Berks Ballet Theatre: This is the only company in Berks County that is pre-professional. It presents various performances of ballets in a calendar year. These performances are culminated with the holiday production of the Nutcracker.
3. Reading Country Club: The original course of golf at this country club had nine holes in the year 1923. There is the availability of banquet facilities at the site of the Reading Country Club in an old world setting for the special occasions of visitors.
4. Sovereign Performing Arts Centre: This is the home for the Symphony Orchestra of Reading. It is a large, multi-functional facility hosting a wide range of events in the year such as hockey games, concerts, ice shows, Broadway shows, recitals and conventions.
5. The Reading Choral Society: The Reading Choral Society has been involved in the presentation of the finest works in the repertoire of classical choral in Reading and the community of Berks County since the year 1875.
1. Berks County Heritage Center- This historical interpretive complex commemorates important eras of local cultural history. Included are the Gruber Wagon Works, a National Historic Landmark; the C. Howard Hiester Canal Center; Wertz's Covered Bridge; Melcher's Grist Mill; Deppen Cemetery; Bicentennial Eagle Memorial; Police and Veterans Memorial; Doctor's Grove; the Distlefink; and a salad and herb garden.
2. Reading Public Museum and Art Gallery- In addition to fine-arts, natural history, and science collections, this comprehensive facility has exhibits on ancient civilizations, armor, and Eurasian, Asian, Central Mexican, Central and South American, North American Indian, and Oceanic cultures. The adjoining arboretum has 65 distinctive specimens, including large exotic trees interspersed with indigenous trees and shrubs. Wyomissing Creek flows through the 25 landscaped acres for walks along pathways or on foot bridges that crisscross the creek.
3. Stonecliffe Action Park- This park for skaters and bicyclists has quarter pipes that range in height from 3-5 feet, a three-sided pyramid with a curved rectangular grind rail, a double Pump Hump, a grind box with an angled edge, a picnic table with a kicker ramp, and differently shaped grind rails.
4. Autumn Hawkwatch- Hawk Mountain Sanctuary in Reading hosts an annual count of hawks, eagles and falcons — the world's longest record of raptor populations — that provides valuable information on changes in raptor numbers in northeastern North America. The North Lookout is one of the best places in the northeastern United States to watch the annual hawk migration. The visitors center has a birding bookstore, bird-feeder observation window, and the Wings of Wonder gallery.
5. Mid Atlantic Air Museum- North of Reading, this facility chronicles U.S. flight from the first manned balloon flight in Philadelphia in the 18th century to the space age. A display of aircraft built from 1928-82 includes 22 military aircraft and 43 aircraft from various civilian venues. Exhibits describe pilots, plane manufacturers, and commercial aviation pioneers. The museum also offers rides in historic-plane reproductions.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Reading. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Reading||Directions to Reading||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|