Secure a Reliable Car Rental in Redlands Today
Top 5 Things to Do in Redlands
Redlands city is located in the county of San Bernardino, California, United States. Tourists have been attracted to Redlands for more than 120 years. Initially drawn to its beautiful landscape and mild climate, tourists now also come to visit the unique architecture and amazing gardens of the city.
1. A.K. Smiley Public Library: Located just steps from the center of town, is this Moorish-style public library built in 1894. When you enter through the front door you are transported back to the libraries of old with Victorian elements, original furnishings and intricate oak carvings.
2. The Lincoln Memorial Shrine: Built in 1932 it is the only memorial honoring President Lincoln and the Civil War west of the Mississippi River. The Shrine has an extensive collection of both Confederate and Union Civil War items including news articles, currency, rare documents by and on Lincoln, and various museum pieces.
3. Redlands Bowl: Is home to the Redlands Bowl Summer Music Festival started in 1923 and has remained home to one of the oldest continuous music festivals in the United States. Artistic performances are held through out the season at no charge.
4. The Glass House: The Redlands Glass House exhibits American Glassware that dates back to the 1800 era traversing to present day. The displays include glass hailing from Heisey, Fenton Art Glass Company, Cambridge and Fostoria.
5. Simply Drive: Anyone visiting Redlands should take the time to drive through the historically intact neighborhoods with their architecturally rich residences and business. At the end of your drive, drop into one of the many lively establishments of the historic downtown district.
Top Attractions within Redlands
Pharaoh's Adventure Park is one of the best providers of family fun in Redlands. The park is the largest themed park in the area and holds the largest freestanding water slide tower in the world. Besides the numerous water slides, pools, river, sand beach and other water features, the park also features mini-golf courses, go-karts, a sky coaster, arcade and an outdoor amphitheater. Should you get thirsty or hungry, you could relax at the cocktail lounge, sports bar or at one of the many food venues, such as The Grand Pizza Buffet or Pyramid Grill.
Kimberly Crest House & Gardens is an impressive property in Redlands, serving as an incredible example of the Victorian architectural style. The gardens surrounding the house are also amazing. You can take a walk and admire all the beautiful flowers and their luring smell.
The Redlands Bowl is one of the oldest amphitheaters in Redlands. Ever since its opening, in 1924, the amphitheater was host to numerous performances and live shows, that both locals and tourists can watch for free. The Redlands Bowl Summer Music Festival is an event that takes place here every year, from late June through August.
Caprice Cafe is the perfect place in Redlands to enjoy a satisfying meal. The menu is diverse, as it features Mediterranean, Contemporary and Middle Eastern cuisine. Outdoor seating is also available. This lovely venue will charm you with its great atmosphere and delicious food.