Redondo Beach is located in the Los Angeles County, in the State of California. As a major developing community in the region, Redondo Beach has a growing population which numbers approximately 66,750 inhabitants. Redondo Beach started out as a part of the Rancho San Pedro Spanish community. Later on, in 1892, Redondo Beach was incorporated as a city of its own.
Redondo Beach in, California is a fantastic place to visit with glorious sunshine and exquisite beaches. The top 5 things to do in Redondo Beach are:
1. Redondo Beach Historical Museum. Take a trip to the Redondo Beach Historic Museum which is sited in the Dominguez Park Heritage Court. It traces the history of Redondo Beach as both a major port and more lately as a top seaside resort. But check opening times, since it is only open on Wednesday mornings and at the weekend (afternoon only).
2. SEA Laboratory. Visit the SEA laboratory which is in Herondo Street, North Harbor Drive. Here you can learn all about the fantastic marine life which exists within the Beach and what is being done to help preserve marine life. A real eye opener for the whole family.
3. The Beach. You just have to go to the beach ! Either just laze in the sun or get active, but no trip to Redondo Beach would be complete without taking in the awesome delight of the Pacific Ocean gently lapping against the shore. Although the surfing can be good at any time of year.
4. George Freeth Memorial. Freeth, one of the earliest pioneers and heroes of the surfing world died at the age of only 36 from flu. However, his legend lives on and a bronze statue is dedicated to his memory as someone who developed surfing as early as 1907.
5. Surfs Up! Since you are in Redondo Beach and the place is a bit of a Mecca for surfer. You really must surf, or if you have never done it before, then try a surfing lesson. Just to say that you have surfed on Redondo Beach!
Sunny, saltry Redondo will ignite your summer flames and get rid of your winter blues. Experience a Redondo Beach vacation to the fullest, book a cheap hire car now and cruise through the summer.
The Riviera Village is what the community in Redondo Beach calls the downtown area of the city. This is the perfect place to eat, shop and have fun during your vacation in the city. There are numerous restaurants to be found here and a variety of retailers that provide top quality clothes at the best prices. The activities that can be taken up in the Riviera Village are suitable for people of all ages. Riviera Village has been placed under rehabilitation and renovation programs in the past few years, in order to become more suitable for tourist developments and entertainment means.
The Redondo Beach Pier is where you will be spending most of your vacation. The pier is filled with tourists throughout the summer and it provides numerous opportunities for everyone to enjoy. You can take on the usual ocean side activities, like sunbathing on the beach or take a swim in the clear waters of the ocean. There are numerous bars, coffee shops and diners that pave the pier, for you to spend the entire day here without missing a thing. You can also consider the pier from the point of view of the renting establishments that provide equipment for water sports and other related activities. The Redondo Beach Pier is the place where the famous ocean side scenes from the series The O.C. were filmed.
The Strand is formed from a series of beaches that are placed along the ocean coastline. The Redondo Beach community is one of the start up locations on the Strand, in the South. This is a strip which consists of numerous paths and trails, most of them designed for bicycle rides and visitors' tours.