Rhinelander Car Rental Comparison
Rhinelander is a great city located in the state of Wisconsin, with a population of 7,735 residents, according to the 2000 census. Rhinelander is home of the Hodag, a mythical creature that serves as a mascot for the city and for Rhinelander High School. The area that eventually became the city of Rhinelander was originally called Pelican Rapids by early settlers for the stretch or rapids just above the convergence of Wisconsin and Pelican Rivers. Rhinelander is known for its timber industry and for being an important railway point. Rhinelander has got a lot of wonderful attractions in and around the city, as well as a range of accommodation and venues.
Top Attractions Within Rhinelander
Kovac Planetarium is a wonderful place in Rhinelander, where there are activities for young children, adults and basically everybody. The Rhinelander Planetarium is one of a kind, with a big sky sphere, with information all over the place about stars and the Universe, in general. Tourists can take a tour of the Planetarium and see how it works and the pictures of it being built.
Joe's Pasty Shop is the place in Rhinelander where you can eat the best pasties. The shop bakes and sells fresh pasties. There are stuffed Cornish pies, with different fillings, such as meat, vegetarian and egg, with a delicious thin pie like crust. The other fun thing about this Rhinelander restaurant is that they are committed to going green and have converted corn ice drink cups that are biodegradable.
Holiday Acres Resort on Lake Thompson is a wonderful place in Rhinelander, located on 1000 acres of woods and water. The Resort has got cottages, lodge, restaurant and hosts meeting and receptions. It is a perfect place to spend the weekend if you are in Rhinelander. The atmosphere is relaxing and the staff caters to your every need, the restaurants provide their customers with a fine selection of wines and mouthwatering dishes. There are activities such as boating, ski jet and fishing on the lake. It is the best place to relax in Rhinelander.
Top 5 Things to Do in Rhinelander
Located in Wisconsin, United States, Rhinelander is a city in Oneida County. Nestled among thousands of lakes, unspoiled nature, and pristine forests, Rhinelander is home to the mystical Hodag.
1. White Pines Family Fun Center: Complete with water features and a natural setting this family fun center offers an 18-hole miniature golf course, arcade, go-karts and a snack shop.
2. Woodwind Health Spa and Wellness Center: This is an all inclusive spa focusing on a holistic approach to health. The centers goal is to nurture the spirit and mind by pampering the body. The Center also provides educational seminars and its own line of oils and lotions.
3. Wisconsin River Cruises: Climb aboard the Wilderness Queen for a relaxing cruise of the Wisconsin River on a sunset dinner cruise. Good food, beautiful scenery and wildlife viewing are sure to lift your spirits and form lasting memories. For more information on the Cruises click on the link.
4. Joe's Pasty Shop: No, owners Larry and Jessica Lapachin have not forgotten how to spell, it is actually a pasty (pass-tee) shop. The pasty traces its origins back to the tin mines in England. This versatile food consists of a baked crust filled traditionally with potatoes, onions, seasoning and meat. At Joe's you can find a pasty for every possible palate.
5. Camp 10 Ski n Snowboard: The Camp 10 Ski Area provides loads of skiing and snowboarding opportunities from beginner to advanced runs. There are fifteen runs, lifts, rentals, ski patrol, night skiing and snowboarding, classes and a cafeteria.