Rochester Hills is a small, yet wonderful city in the state of Michigan, on the outskirts of Detroit. As of the 2010 census, Rochester Hills has a total population of 70,995 residents. Rochester Hills was first settled in 1817 by British traveler James Graham. In 1835, Rochester Hills was organised as a city and ever since, it has developed both economically and politically. Nowadays, Rochester Hills is a great destination for people who want to spend their short holidays or weekend getaways in a peaceful and quiet environment. Rochester Hills provides tourists a wide range of accommodation, venues and local attractions that appeal through its unique architecture and eclectic combination of new and old.
Top Attractions Within Rochester Hills
Bloomer Park is a wonderful place in Rochester Hills that is a veritable oasis of peace and tranquility. There are many activities you can do here, such as mountain biking, track cycling and sledding. The track cycling and the trails follow the rivers and provide tourists with a wonderful landscape. For children, there is an enclosed playground, where they can play and consume their energy. The park has even got wooden gazebos, where you can relax or have a picnic.
East Side Mario's is the one restaurant in Rochester Hills which will provide you with an authentic Italian experience. This restaurants has everything you need and like about Italian cuisine. The menu is varied and you can choose and combine the many mouthwatering dishes. East Side Mario's has got affordable prices and it is an excellent venue for a party or family dinner.
Rochester Hills Beer Co is the perfect place to start your evening, as this venue combines the features of a restaurant and of a bar. The venue is located in a former knitting mill in downtown Rochester Hills, with a gleaming decor of brick walls and wooden floors. The menu is very consistent, with items such as Brewhouse Nachos, Hot Crab&Cheese Dip, soup, salads, Cajun cuisine, sandwiches, pizzas and desserts. The bar has also got pool tables and darts.
The city of Rochester Hills is located in Oakland County, Michigan, United States. Located on the outskirts of metro Detroit, Rochester Hills surrounds the city of Rochester from the north, west and south.
1. Thelma G. Spencer Park: The main attraction at the Park is the 35-acre lake built in an old quarry. The lake contains an old-fashioned lifeguarded swim area, picnic facilities, concessions, playground, boat rental, sports fields and walking/biking paths.
2. Rochester Hills Museum: Located in Stoney Creek Village, the museum's mission is to teach appreciation of the present through understanding of the past. The 16-acre complex was home to the Van Hoosen family in the early 1800's and showcases structures dating from 1840 to early 20th century.
3. Meadow Brook Hall and Gardens: Built from 1926 to 1929 the mansion was home to Matilda Dodge Wilson widow of auto pioneer John Dodge. This Tudor-revival style mansion is the 4th largest historic house museum in the United States.
4. Borden Park: With 143 acres, this sports complex provides 4 lighted ball fields, tennis and basketball courts, roller hockey rinks, picnic tables and a playground. In June the park is home to the Festival of the Hills with live music and the second largest fireworks display in the state.
5. Yates Cider Mill: Water powered since 1862 the Yates Cider Mill offers much more then cider to its visitors. Make sure to take some time out to sample their apple cider as you tour the mill and its surrounding area.