Rockford Car Rental Comparison
Top 5 Things to Do in Rockford
1. Anderson Japanese Gardens: Built to help open peoples minds to different cultures, this authentic Japanese garden provides a place of tranquility and peace. There is both a formal Japanese garden reflecting the Kamakura period complete with period Teahouse and a contemporary Garden of Reflection.
2. Trailside Equestrian Center and Children's Farm: Located in Lockwood Park the center provides 155 acres of woods, hills, fields and a stream to explore. Take a guided trail ride or a hay ride. There is also a farm where children can meet farm animals face to face.
3. Kortman Gallery: Located atop the J.R. Kortman Center for Design the gallery features local, regional and international solo exhibitions. Contemporary art objects can be purchased in the Center for Design on the first floor.
4. Burpee Museum of Natural History: The museum specializes in educating the public in paleontology, biology, geology and the history of the first people in North America. Walk through a two-story prehistoric coal forest or stop in at the Children's Gallery for hands-on activities and games.
5. The Discovery Center Museum: Dedicated to teaching both children and adults about science and art through interactive exploration. The Museum has an outdoor science park where children can explore a cave, dig for dinosaur bones or play in the waterway.