Rocky Mount is a city located in Edgecombe and Nash Counties, North Carolina, United States. Rocky Mount was incorporated in 1867 and its population numbers approximately 58,000 inhabitants. Rocky Mount is part of Combined Statistical Area and is popular mainly for its arts community and events, but there is more.
Rocky Mount city is an award winning community of all America-City and is situated in North Carolina's coastal plains. The Rocky Mount city is famous for its progressing arts community. Rocky Mount operates a children's museum and science center, arts center, and a community theater.
The Children's Museum & Science Centre is located in Rocky Mount and will be a great delight for the little ones. Here, are described many interactive exhibits and many items that are very educational and also a great joy for kids. They will discover a new world, filled with lots of interesting things that catch the eyes, recreate, but also educate. They will have the opportunity to make experiments by themselves and learn new things about science and its uses. This place is a must. Parking areas are also available.
The Grill on Zebulon Road is located in Rocky Mount and provides delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner. All dishes meet the taste of clients, both adults and children. The restaurant also offers many homemade take away foods, great and affordable wines, as well as catering services. The restaurant has high standards, is welcoming and provides unique and very tasty foods, but also boxed lunches. Here, clients always receive what they expect, so will not be disappointed at all. It is one of the best and nicest restaurants in Rocky Mount, which cannot be missed. All portions are huge, so clients can save money and enjoy the food.
Rocky Mount Arts Centre provides many art collection, as well as many events and theatre productions. This centre located in Rocky Mount is ideal for the whole family and also for all ages. The shows cover many genres and styles, so each member of the family will find something that he likes and suitable for his age. This spot is great for relaxing, entertaining, but also for education.
1. Do not miss the opportunity to visit the Arts Center: Arts Center comprises of an education center and visual arts edifice. It is a very good place to visit owing to factors such as enduring collection, historical exhibits, as well as a gift shop. There is also a community theater in the arts center, which is part of the community from more than forty years. Theater is famous in offering all encompassing entertainment.
2. Explore the biggest mall: Golden East Crossing Mall in Rocky Mount is the grandest mall of the city. The mall has witnessed a soaring rise in the number of stores as well as the shoppers. Major stores of this mall are Sears, Bed Bath and Beyond, JCPenney, Belk, Best But and Embarq.
3. Indulge in Golf: The course at Northgreen is an extensive 6900 yard design. Bob Toski is the designer of his 18 holes golf course, which was inaugurated in the year 1973.
4. Imperial center for arts and science: A trip to Rocky Mount remains incomplete without visiting this famous tourist spot. This center enables to inform the visitors at the same time enjoy various activities in its premises.
5. Land of Churches: Rocky Mount houses many churches such as Englewood Baptist church and the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd.