Did you know that Rogers later developed (after its founding in 1881)as a shipping point for apples?
Best way to travel: Car or Bicycle
#1 thing to do: Rogers Historical Museum
#2 thing to do: Prairie Creek Park
#3 thing to do: War Eagle Cavern
Fun Fact: The first ever Walmart opened here in Rogers.
#1 Car Rental Company: Enterprise, Hertz, Avis
Located in Arkansas, United States, Rogers is a suburban city in Benton County. The census count in 2006 showed a population of 48,666.
5 Things you must do in Rogers
1. War Eagle Mill: Rebuilt in 1973 this historical reproduction water-powered grist mill provides a glimpse into Arkansas past. In addition to selling their milled products, crafts made by local artists can be purchased here. The third floor is home to the “Bean Palace” restaurant.
2. The Rogers Historical Museum: The museum offers a glimpse back to the late 1800's at the Hawkins House. Stroll down First Street, a reproduction of three turn of the century business in Rogers. Children and adults alike will enjoy the “please touch” exhibits in “The Attic.”
3. War Eagle Caves: At the end of Devil's Gap is the entrance to War Eagle Caves. Guided tours are offered for the casual stroller and spelunkers. Spelunkers are bound to run into bats, and get muddy while exploring the cave beyond the lights. Take time to stop by the mining company to pan for gems and fossils.
4. Beaver Lake: Located in the Ozark Mountains, the lake provides year round recreational activities for either the hard core nature enthusiast or the casual hiker. Some of the facilities available include swimming beaches, campgrounds, hiking trails, natural caves and year-round commercial marinas.
5. Prairie Creek Country Club: A Joe Sanders design, this 18-hole gulf course will challenge expert and novice alike. It has been rated amongst one of the best public courses to play.