Rutherford Car Rental Comparison
Rutherford is a lovely borough located in New Jersey, United States. Part of Bergen County, Rutherford has an area of 2.942 square miles and a population of more than 18,000 residents, at the 2010 census. Rutherford is situated at only 8 miles distance from Midtown Manhattan, the borough actually being considered a suburb of the beautiful city of New York. Rutherford was incorporated in 1881, the borough being also known under the name of Borough of Trees. Rutherford is filled with recreational spots and wonderful venues, so if you plan on visiting this borough soon, make sure to not miss some of its most beautiful sights of interest.
Top Attractions within Rutherford
Lincoln Park is one of the most beautiful parks located in Rutherford. The natural venue hosts many concerts and also city events and festivals, including the Bergen County Cultural Festival. During the summer, Lincoln Park is the spot where local bands perform in different shows. The park is also great to visit if you want to enjoy a walk in Rutherford.
Meadowlands Museum is a wonderful museum of Rutherford. The cultural venue first opened in 1961 and it currently hosts many wonderful historical exhibits. Some of the most popular permanent collections of the museum include an antique toy room displaying 19th and 20th century toys, mineral and rock exhibits, but also kitchen linked items and clothes dating back to the 19th century and its style.
Rutherford Memorial Park is a lovely natural park located in Russellville. The place is great to visit if you want to enjoy a wonderful outdoor adventure, as it features two baseball courts, a softball field and three playgrounds.
Trattoria Corrado Restaurant is one of the most appreciated places to eat in while being in Russellville. The food here is actually delicious, while the service is amazingly high quality. The decor is elegant, the atmosphere cozy and the Italian specialties served by a friendly staff will surely be the best ones you have had so far.
Spring Grill Thai Restaurant should not be missed. The food served in this spot is always fresh and tasty. The atmosphere is nice and cozy, at the same time.
5 Things You Must Do in Carlstadt
Carlstadt is a community that has a growing center of commerce. It is located 9 miles west of New York City. The city is located in New Jersey in the Essex-Hudson County area.
1. Visit The Adventure Aquarium and the Battleship Museum: This is one of the most popular aquarium museums in the state. One can take a boat ride across the water to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The battleship museum tells stories about soldiers and how they lived in ships for endless war days.
2. Ride the West Essex Rail Trail: This is one of the least known and moderately used rail trials. It passes through sections of wooded areas, providing for a break from the congestion of the noisy city. The trail is the longest continuous off-road cycling trail in the Essex-Hudson County area.
3. See the Great Falls of the Passaic River: Two hundred million years ago, the tropical jungles and piedmont sandstone were buried and thus resulted in this site. This magma wall was forty stories high and cooled into erosion–resistant basalt that hardened to become the First Watchung Ridge. One must see this river which cuts a gap through the ridge and plunges over cliffs.
4. Cherry Blossom Time: Newark, which is near Carlstadt, is home to Branch Brook Park which has 2700 cherry trees. The cherry trees usually bloom in the second and third weeks of April and provide for a splendid display of spring colors for nearly two to three days.
5. Visit Mills Reservation Trail: The 157 acres of forest were donated by the Davella Mills foundation in 1954. The highest point of the hike provides for an excellent view of Manhattan, Carlstadt, and Newark. In spring and fall, one can spot several of fourteen different species of birds as they glide on the wind currents.