St Cloud Car Rental Comparison
Saint Cloud is also known to people from Minnesota, United States of America, as "The Granite City". Saint Cloud is located in three counties from the state: Stearns, Benton and Sherburne. The name of the city is inspired by Saint Cloud, France, a city near Paris which was named after a monk from the 6th century - Clodoald. Saint Cloud was settled in the mid 19th century and incorporated in 1856. The city is sister of the city of Spalt, Germany. Saint Cloud was also the former home of actor Gig Young, businessman Tom Petters, guitarist Reynold Phillipsek and baseball player Jim Eisenreich.
Top Attractions within Saint Cloud
Paramount Theater and Visual Arts Center is a main attraction of Saint Cloud. The mission of the center is to provide locals entertainment and endless possibilities to express their creativity. This Saint Cloud attraction also has an important economical impact on the city.
Quarry Park and Nature Preserve is a natural area within Saint Cloud. If you want to spend a great day in the middle of the nature, admiring an unique place from the United States of America, you should definitely visit it. The park features granite pools, a 112 feet-deep swimming hole, scientific areas, biking paths and ponds and is perfect for a family day.
Stearns History Museum is located in Saint Cloud and offers an introspective look into the long history of the city. The museum is perfect to spend quality time with your family, because it also has child friendly activities. A playroom and an eatery can also be found inside this Saint Cloud attraction.
Bagelman's Bakery and Deli is the best place if you do not want to wait to much for a meal, while visiting Saint Cloud. The food is very good and the staff is friendly, creating a nice atmosphere. If you are on the run ask for sandwiches and coffee, you cannot find better than at Bagelman's in Saint Cloud.
5 Things You Must Do in St Cloud
St. Cloud is the county seat of Stearns County Minnesota and takes its name from the Paris suburb of Saint-Cloud. The grand Mississippi River also flows on the edge of the city and due to its location, St Cloud is a regional transport hub within the state of Minnesota. Recommendations for the visitors include:
1. Witness the Spectacular Gardens: The Munsinger/Clemens Gardens are a beautiful pair of gardens on the banks of the Mississippi River. They are divided into a number of individual landscapes with giant oaks, pine trees, hemlock trees and around one thousand well-maintained rose plants. Visit between late spring and mid fall to truly appreciate their beauty.
2. A fun day out at Granite Bowl: This is a large multi-lane bowling arena that also hosts professional leagues and has a restaurant and bar. This is an ideal family activity for a rainy day and is good value for money.
3. Explore the Ancient Law Court: The Stearns County Courthouse is a historic attraction which was used the movie set for the filming of “The Mighty Ducks”. It has a 109 ft high distinctive dome and an illuminated clock.
4. Stride into the Epoch Art Gallery: Set in a 100-acre park The Stearns History Museum is one of the best art galleries in Minnesota, with over one thousand artifacts and exhibits. It also includes a children's artistic center and offers a number of events throughout the year based on the theme “Adventures in History”.
5. Enjoy art and culture at Gallery 702: The Art Gallery 702 provides regular art exhibitions of photographs, paintings and prints, offering an insight into the local area.