Salina Car Rental Comparison
Salina is a small, yet very charming city, with a total population of 47.707 residents. Salina is located in one of the world's largest wheat-producting area and it is a regional trade centre for Kansas. Salina was founded in 1858 by a journalist and a group of settlers. Salina established itself as a trading post for westbound immigrants, prospectors, bound for Pikes Peak and area Native American tribes. Salina developed even more with the closure of the Civil War, and has continued to be the commercial hub of north-central Kansas, serving as a regional centre for trade. Salina is a great holiday destination, suitable for short vacations or weekend getaways with family or friends.
Top Attractions Within Salina
Martinelli's Little Italy is the perfect Italian restaurant in Salina, which offers tourists a great cuisine experience. The menu is varied, ranging from traditional Italian food, to Asian and American cuisine. All the dishes are carefully prepared and it is a wonderful place for families, couples and businesspeople. You will enjoy a family style dinner in a relaxing environment. The restaurant has also got a special menu for the children, that consists in hamburgers, soda, fries and delicious desserts.
Cozy Inn is another great eating venue in Salina, that offers its tourists a wide variety on the menu. The specialities of the restaurant are little burgers, grilled onions, hamburgers and grills. The venue is unique by its design. There are many barstools, with articles and stories all over the wall. Every element here in this Salina restaurant has a natural and cozy feel to it.
Scheme Restaurant and Bar is one of the best pizza restaurants in the area of Salina, that provides great Italian, Asian and American food to all its customers. The atmosphere is great, with chill out music and old fashioned tables and chairs. There is also a bar, where you can enjoy a fine selection of wines and other refreshing beverages, such as beer, fresh juices and cocktails.
5 Things You Must Do in Salina!
Salina, Kansas is a modern city with historic charm. When traveling through the nation's heartland, Salina has many must-see attractions for kids and grownups alike.
1. Central Mall Aquarium: Kansas' largest free standing aquarium is located at Salina's Central Mall Aquarium. Nine native fish species are on display here including bass, carp, catfish, and turtles. A unique feature of this attraction is its location within Salina's Central Mall shopping center. Look for the aquarium near the food court and kids' playground area. For more information on the Aquarium click on the link.
2. Smoky Hill Vineyard and Winery: Test your wine tasting skills with of 25 varieties of wine at the Smoky Hill Vineyard and Winery. Smoky Hill has the state's first wine barrel cave and tours are available daily. For more information on the Winery click on the link.
3. Rolling Hills Wildlife Adventure: With an emphasis on conservation, Rolling Hills Wildlife Adventure has over 50 different endangered species on display. The attraction has a museum and a zoo for visitors to enjoy, as well as train rides and many programs for all ages. For more information on Rolling Hills click on the link.
4. Smoky Hill Museum: Smoky Hill Museum showcases a sod dugout house from the 1850's that visitors can explore and features a new permanent exhibit: “Crossroads of the Heartland”. Make sure to check out One Keeper's Place, a section devoted to kids' learning. For more information on the Museum click on the link.
5. Take a walk downtown in the Downtown area: The Historic Downtown section of Salina gives visitors the chance to view classic architecture or enjoy a live performance. A walking tour highlights why Salina is sometimes known as the Terra Cotta Capital of Kansas, as many of the city's historic buildings feature terra cotta prominently in their design.