Salisbury Car Rental Comparison
Salisbury is a beautiful city located in North Carolina, United States. The county seat of Rowan County, Salisbury has an area of 17.8 square miles and a population of more than 33,600 residents. Salisbury is a very beautiful place to visit and the city actually is very well known for its great cultural and historical heritage. During a visit to Salisbury, you will be able to see numerous 19th and 20th century historic homes. However, there are many beautiful venues that can be visited during a trip to Salisbury, the city also hosting numerous recreational spots.
Top Attractions within Salisbury
Dan Nicholas Park is a lovely and very large park located in Salisbury. This is a spot that should not be missed by visitors planning trips in this city. The 425 acres park offers numerous recreational options. For starters, within the park you will find a 10 acres lake and boating and fishing amenities. Dan Nicholas Park also includes many sport fields, such as volleyball and golf courts. Within the park you will also find playgrounds for children, a miniature train ride, a water aquarium and also picnic areas and campgrounds.
Ivan's Restaurant is a wonderful restaurant located in Salisbury. This is the best place to be at for a fine dinner, but you can enjoy a lovely lunch as well. The menu includes various American cuisine specialties and the food is always tasty and fresh. The best thing about this spot is that you will not have to wait for long for the foods to be prepared, as the service is really fast.
Mambo Grill is a very appreciated restaurant located in Salisbury. The food here is very good and the service absolutely fantastic. The hot and fresh food, the great prices and friendly staff of Mambo Grill will surely make you want to visit this place again.
The Norvell Children's Theater is great to visit if you are going to be in Salisbury with your entire family. Here you will be able to enjoy high quality moments while watching great shows and stage performances.
5 Things You Must Do in Salisbury
Salisbury, North Carolina is a must-see destination for history buffs, especially those interested in the US Civil War.
1. Trolley Tour. Ride around the Salisbury area on the Salisbury-Spencer Trolley Tours. The 50-minute guided tour includes stories from local volunteers about famous people from Salisbury, historical landmarks and architecture.
2. The Historic National Cemetery and Confederate Prison Site Tour gives visitors a chance to visit a sacred site for veterans of all wars. The cemetery was first used during the Civil War and remains open today. The prison site no longer has the actual buildings, but the tour still provides insight to this important era of our history.
3. North Carolina Transportation Museum is known as the “museum that moves you” for good reason. The 57-acre museum site is home to antique cars, locomotives, and a 120,000 square-foot roundhouse. Every year in early, the museum hosts the Big Boat Show for enthusiasts in the area.
4. Metrolina Wildlife Park. Go to Metrolina Wildlife Park to see exciting creatures such as lions, tigers and bears (yes, really!), as well as lemurs, snakes and lizards. There's also a fabulous petting zoo that features camels, pigs, alpacas and sheep.
5. High Rock Lake. Hig Rock Lake is a premier destination for those who love to boat, fish, or any other water sport. The lake is actually a 15,000-acre reservoir on the Yadkin River with public access for residents and visitors. Make sure to ask about local fishing regulations before casting your line!