San Angelo Car Rental Comparison
San Angelo is a beautiful city located in Texas, United States. The county seat of Tom Green County, San Angelo has an area of 58.2 square miles and a population of more than 93,200 residents. San Angelo was first settled in the 1630s, but the city was only incorporated in 1867. San Angelo mostly developed after the 1880s. Nowadays, San Angelo is well known for being the home of Angelo State University and the Goodfellow Air Force Base. However, the city is also known for the numerous recreational spots that can be enjoyed in the area. If you are going to be in San Angelo soon, make sure to include some important sights of interest into your route.
Top Attractions within San Angelo
The San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts first opened in the city in 1999. The museum itself manages to draw more than 85,000 visitors every year. The permanent collections hosted by this museum include fascinating traveling exhibits.
San Angelo Civic Theater is a spot not to miss if you are going to visit this wonderful American city. The theater was founded in 1885 and during the years it hosted numerous wonderful stage performances. In-house plays, but also traveling plays, are hosted by this great theater.
The San Angelo State Park is a beautiful natural park located in San Angelo. The park has an area of more than 7,600 acres and the recreational options here are quite impressive. Amenities include picnic tables, restrooms, but also biking and hiking trails. Boating facilities, fishing and swimming can also be enjoyed in the area, as well as horse riding can camping.
The Grill is a San Angelo spot that should not be missed by visitors. The food here is absolutely delicious, while the service is very quick. High quality services, a lovely atmosphere and great prices make every visit at The Grill a great experience.
Armenta's is a great Mexican restaurant. The service here is fast and the atmosphere is really nice. The food is absolutely delicious, so there is no way you will not be able to have a great time in this location.
5 Things You Must Do in San Angelo
San Angelo, Texas is a city with good weather, good times, good food and good people. Hints of the Old West, as well as history dating back to prehistoric times are just some of the sites to be seen in this central Texan city.
1. Good Ole Fashioned Bar-B-Que: If you have a craving for good barbeque, then San Angelo is the place to be. Whether you visit Mule Creek, The Old Time Pit or the Pack Saddle, you'll get a heaping helping of some of Texas' most famous food.
2. Miss Hattie's Café: Miss Hattie's Cafe and Saloon gives its patrons a taste of the old-time, Wild West, while providing a quiet and intimate dining experience. As a side trip, drop by Miss Hattie's Brothel Museum, a monument to the establishment's past “glory days”, which ended in 1946 after being raided by Texas Rangers.
3. Tour of Historic Downtown: Concho Avenue is San Angelo's historic downtown area and houses many great shopping opportunities, including art, antiques, fashion and collectibles. Concho Avenue also is home to many attractions (like Miss Hattie's) and historical landmarks.
4. Fort Concho National Historic Landmark: Fort Concho National Historic Landmark was founded as a frontier outpost to protect early West Texas settlers. The national historic landmark includes a visitor center, museum and parade grounds.
5. Painted Rock Excursions: About 30 miles south of San Angelo is the Painted Rock Excursions, a natural “museum” consisting of some of the largest Native American Pictographs in the country. More than 1,600 pictographs can be seen on the limestone deposits.