San Diego (Mission Bay) Car Rental Comparison
San Diego Mission Bay is one of the greatest parts of the city of San Diego, renowned nationwide for its tourist potential. San Diego Mission Bay is a lagoon that is actually part of the recreational Mission Bay Park, the largest aquatic park in the United States. The history of San Diego Mission Bay began in 1542, when it was only a tidal marsh, but it was then turned into a recreational water park in the 1940s. San Diego Mission Bay has known numerous upgrades ever since, and it is now one of the most popular places in San Diego.
Top Attractions within San Diego Mission Bay
SeaWorld is a spectacular place in San Diego Mission Bay, part of the chain of marine mammal parks, animal theme parks and oceanariums in America that bears the same name. The incredible features of SeaWorld will blow your senses away. A particularly interesting attraction here, besides the thrill rides and water features, is the Skark Encounter, which carries guests into the sharks' tank, by means of a submerged acrylic tube.
Belmont Park is another amusement park in San Diego Mission Bay, which dates back to 1925. Besides the modern features, the park also preserved its old attractions from 1925, including the Giant Dipper, a wooden roller coaster that made it to the National Register of Historic Places. Laser tag, arcade games and bumper cars are also available. You will also find here many dining options and snack bars, where you can grab a bite if you get hungry.
Recreation. San Diego Mission Bay itself is a recreational area. Some of the most popular activities you can experience here are jet skiing, water skiing, surfing, rowing, fishing, cycling and jogging. The Mission Bay Yacht Club is the place to go if you are into sailing. San Diego Mission Bay has also got beautiful beaches, perfect for sunbaths and swimming. San Diego Mission Bay is abundant with restaurants and eating venues, as well. Clearly, San Diego Mission Bay is the place where you will enjoy yourself to the fullest.
5 Things You Must Do in Mission Bay
Mission Bay is a beautiful bay situated in the southern part of the Pacific Beach community of San Diego. The bay forms part of the Mission Bay Park, the largest man-made aquatic park in the country.
1. Enjoy a day at Mission Bay Park: In addition to being the largest man-made aquatic park, Mission Bay is the ninth largest municipally-owned park in the United States, spread over 4235 acres. It is a heaven for water sports enthusiasts with sailing, wakeboarding and jet skiing. Its miles of sandy beaches are popular with joggers, cycling and campers.
2. Discover marine splendor at SeaWorld: Alongside the sea lions, dolphins and whales are a variety of rides like roller coasters, splashdown ride and others centers of entertainment. The “Shark Encounter” attracts tourists from far and wide owing to its popular real-life simulation.
3. Experience the excitement at Belmont Park: This park consists of a beachfront amusement center. Its FlowRider surfing platform provides training for surfing, skating and snow boarding. Its other activities include water fun pools, scary rides such as the Vertical Plunge, roller coasters and bumper cars
4. Check out Fiesta Island: This is a peninsular park confined within the limits of Mission Bay and features charity walks, bicycle races and other athletic activities. The main attraction is the annual over-the-line tournament which is a mixture of baseball and softball.
5. Enjoy at the Pacific Ocean: This beach is a popular tourists spot visitors are permitted to take alcohol onto the beaches. The beauty of the natural shoreline also adds to the recreational mood.