San Diego is the eight largest city in the country and the second in the state. San Diego North is the northern area of the town, located in San Diego County, California, United States of America. San Diego North has a mild climate and a beautiful environment. Long time ago, the Kumeyaay population was living on the area that is known today as San Diego North. In 1524, Juan Cabrillo, a Portuguese explorer, claimed the whole area of California in the name of Spain. 200 years later, the area of today's San Diego North was a part of Alta California. In 1821 San Diego North belonged to Mexico and since 1850, San Diego North is part of the American state of California.
Top Attractions within San Diego North
Legoland is one of the greatest points of attraction of San Diego North. This is one of the largest amusement parks you can find in San Diego North and is adequate for kids and adults, too. The park has several areas like The Beginning, Dino Island, Miniland USA, Imagination Zone and more. There are also a lot of rides and games, one of the most exciting roller coaster you can try in this San Diego North park is Fun Town's Sky Cruiser. Inside of Legoland there are numerous dining options because there are five large restaurants offering child-friendly food. Fast foods like sandwiches and burgers are also available and a food mart is accessible at the entrance.
Solana Beach is considered by San Diego North locals a "stairway to Heaven". The coastline is magnificent and easily accessible. The sand is soft and beautiful and recreating possibilities are endless. Among them - sports courses, picnic areas and play areas for children, all easy to find along this beautiful San Diego North beach.
Torrey Pines Golf is a public golf course located in a San Diego North area called "La Jolla". From the course, the city views are amazing and the ocean views breath-taking. Inside this facility, you can shop in one of the largest golf shops in the United States of America.
San Diego (North) has the name of the northern part of San Diego County and is locally referred to as North County. The area consists of affluent rural communities and suburban beaches and is more socially conservative than southern San Diego. North County has miles of sandy turf with jagged rock and cliff formations, which offers great views and great surfing opportunities.
1. Pay a visit to Solana Beach: This is affluent small beach community was the first city in the Continental United States to enforce a smoking ban on its public beaches. Its beach front is divided into four main beach parks, including Fletcher Cove and Seascape Surf, which offer a range of recreational activities.
2. Throng the Eden Gardens: This neighborhood is also known as La Colonia and is one of the oldest residential areas of Solana Beach. The community was actually founded by Mexican farmers in the 1920's.
3. Check out Carmel Valley: Carmel Valley is an affluent neighborhood located in the north-west part of San Diego and is marked by commercial offices, upmarket residential units and hotels, and is home to a number of wineries and vineyards producing Californian wine.
4. Pacific Highlands Ranch: This is largely a residential community and a famous tourist spot in the north part of San Diego as around half of the area is preserved as a natural habitat.
5. Visit the Birch Aquarium at Scripps: This aquarium's aim is to promote ocean conservation and consists of many ocean science educational features and exhibits related to oceanic creatures, flora and fauna. It offers many public and school programs including whale watching and educates its visitors on the dangers of climate change.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at San Diego (North). |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to San Diego (North)||Directions to San Diego (North)||Latitude||Longitude|
|San Diego (Miramar)||3/6||Directions||32.877281||-117.139029|
|San Diego (Mission Bay)||6/9||Directions||32.780552||-117.242629|
|San Diego (Torrey Pines)||6/9||Directions||32.891984||-117.241208|
|San Diego International Airport||7/12||Directions||32.73235||-117.19744|
|San Diego (Del Mar)||10/16||Directions||32.959526||-117.265326|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|