San Diego Torrey Pines is a residential community located in San Diego, California, United States of America. San Diego Torrey Pines is situated near Del Mar, La Jolla, Carmel Valley and Mira Mesa. The small locality has an area of 2600 acres and a maximum number of 7000 residents. Because this is a more peaceful and quiet area of the state, many tourists prefer to come to San Diego Torrey Pines to enjoy a few relaxing days from time to time. The city is lovely and the attractions are perfect for a community like San Diego Torrey Pines. If you want to visit it, you should know where to head to.
Torrey Pines is a residential community in the northern coastal part of San Diego. About half of the total area is occupied by parks and open spaces and includes two championship golf courses with cliff-top locations and the Torrey Pines State Reserve with miles of unspoilt beaches.
Torrey Pines State Reserve is a natural attraction you can enjoy in the peaceful city of San Diego Torrey Pines. The main activities of this area are hiking and wildlife watching. The virgin beaches of the reserve are beautiful and the elegant trees surrounding them create an ethereal image. Inside its area there is also a lagoon and several hiking and walking paths that you are free to use when visiting. From the highest peak you will be able to see breath-takings city views of San Diego Torrey Pines. The reserve also includes picnic areas, play areas and tot lots.
A. R. Valentien is a top rated restaurant located in San Diego Torrey Pines. The setting of the upscale eatery is beautiful and the decorations are luxurious. Eating in this restaurant will be a unique experience and an opportunity to show off your most elegant attire. The food is delicious and the menu incorporates dishes of the international cuisine.
Le Bambou is a lovely restaurant located near San Diego Torrey Pines. It is a family friendly restaurant and offers daily fresh and healthy dishes of the international cuisine. If you decide to visit it, you should necessarily try the salmon cooked in the clay pot, because it is delicious.
1. Pay a visit to Torrey Pines State Park: The Park is located along the coastal area of La Jolla. Its geographic features include plateaus and rocks that offer opportunities for rock-climbers and hikers. Diverse types of flora and fauna like bobcats, foxes, cacti and other species can be found.
2. Open up at Torrey Pines State Beach: This coastal beach has a dramatic landscape owing to the continuous erosion from the adjacent land. The beach has become a hot-spot for surfing, body boarding, swimming and other water sports, with surf up to 8 feet.
3. Explore the Black Mountain Ranch: This expanding local community lies in the north-eastern part of San Diego. The Ranch covers around 5,100 acres and consists of 18 miles of walking trails which wind through the ranch area.
4. Torrey Pines Golf Course: These two beautiful 18-hole courses are situated on the cliff top of the Pacific Ocean and are noted as one of California's top golfing destinations. There is also much to see for nature lovers, which includes the local wildlife and the famous Torrey Pines trees.
5. Go hiking at Rancho Penasquitos: This community lies in the north-eastern part of San Diego. The cliffs are surrounded by scenic canyons suitable for hiking, biking and other activities.