Finding a High Quality Car Rental in San Jose is Now Quick and Easy
San Jose is both the largest city in Northern California and the tenth-largest city in the United States. San Jose was founded in 1777 as part of the Spanish colony that would become Alta California. A farming community that supported the Spanish military bases at Monterey and San Francisco, San Jose was the first capital city of California once it joined the United States. The rapid growth of the electronics and high-tech industry in the last half of the 20th century turned San Jose into an urban metropolis, now home to just under one million people. Its top 10 employers include Cisco Systems, IBM, eBay and Hitachi.
Reasons to rent a car in Bronx through VroomVroomVroom
Here are a few reasons why our customers choose to book with us:
- Zero booking fee
- Modify your booking for free
- Best rates - Read our Price Promise for more details
- More vehicle options
- Superior customer care - Contact us via phone call, email or live chat if you need help.
Best time to visit San Jose
With over 300 days of sunshine and average daily high temperatures of 73 degrees Fahrenheit, San Jose is surrounded on three sides by mountains and doesn't front the ocean (like nearby San Francisco), meaning less precipitation and less fog. The best time to explore San Jose is from April to October when the weather is warm and sunny. Some of the most popular events are also held during these months including the Silicon Valley Comic Con in April and San Jose Jazz Summer Fest in August. If you want to escape the crowd, travel between November and March, but be prepared to put on your rain gear.
Driving tips at San Jose AirportNorman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport is the most common destination if you're heading into San Jose. The airport is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the global center of technology innovation in the United States. The airport is close to technology powers such as Google, Apple Computer, Cisco, Intel, Adobe, eBay, and Hewlett Packard.
The airport is also close to downtown, offering easy access via your San Jose car rental to the entire city. However, other airports such as San Francisco International (35 miles northwest) and Oakland International (35 miles north), are also possibilities if San Jose is your destination. No matter which one you land at, the area's freeway system and the rental car that you book with VroomVroomVroom will take you wherever you want to go!
At San Jose International Airport, customers at Terminal A should take one of the blue Airport-operated shuttles to the Rental Car Center. Terminal B arrivals can use the crosswalk to traverse Airport Drive to get to the R.C.C. On-site companies include Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Fox, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty. However, because many of the companies are not open 24 hours, the airport recommends that you confirm your San Jose car rental agency's hours, to avoid having to wait upon your arrival.
Drive your car rental to downtown San Jose in California and visit Monopoly in the Park near the Children's Discovery Museum. Make a reservation online, play, and enjoy the art that has become one of the biggest playable game boards in the country!
Rent a car with us in San Jose and drive over to the 160 room Winchester Mystery House! You'll be amazed at the oddities in this beautiful but weird Victorian mansion! Hope to see you there before summer vacation comes to an end!
Do you want to do some shopping while you are on vacation? Take your cheap car rental over to the Santana Row, right accross the street from the Valley Faire Westgate Mall. You'll find lots of upscale shops and restaurants to choose from!
5 Things to do in San Jose
San Jose, California welcomes its visitors with beautiful weather, amazing sights, a little bit of history and days filled with thrills and excitement. You're sure to find something do that you and your family will love.
1. The Winchester Mystery House. The Winchester Mystery House is perfect for those who love great architecture as well as something out of the ordinary. Construction on the home began in 1887 and took 38 years to complete. With 160 rooms, 47 fireplaces and over 460 doors, there are many places to explore and discover within this old house.
2. The Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph, Built in 1877 after earthquakes damaged previous churches at the site, has amazing architecture and gives visitors a glimpse into the history of San Jose.
3. Happy Hollow Zoo. Get an up close look at endangered species and other creatures at the Happy Hollow Zoo and Park. A separate area for kids 2-10 is a must see for families, while the zoo has other attractions such as rides, puppet show and a petting zoo.
4. Chinese Cultural Gardens. Experience the beauty and tranquility of the Chinese Cultural Gardens. The garden lies within the larger Overfelt Park, which was created with land donated to the city by a local citizen in 1959.
5. Paramount's Great America Amusement Park. is awesome for kids young and old. For the younger ones, there's a whole section of the park dedicated to their favorite Nickelodeon characters. For the older kids, huge coasters await the fearless...
Booking a cheap rental car is a great way to save time and money, when you're planning a San Jose holiday.