Compare Car Rental Deals in San Leandro - Fast and Easy
San Leandro is a beautiful city located in Alameda County, California, United States of America. San Leandro is a suburb of Oakland and San Francisco. The population of San Leandro almost reached the 85.000 mark and the area of the city is of approximately 16 square miles. In the area of what is today San Leandro, the Ohlone Nation lived since 3500 BC until English speaking settlers came in the 18th century. Notable former of present residents of San Leandro include film production designer Joe Alves, actor Lloyd Bridges, actress Kathy Garver and basketball player Chuck Hayes. If you want to visit the lovely city of San Leandro, there are some points of interest that you should see.
Owing to its mild weather throughout the year, the area attracts many tourists who come to see its flowers and fauna. San Leandro's history traces back to 3500 B.C. when the Spanish visited this coastal region in 1772. It is known for its large cherry farms and its panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay.
Grab a piece of history and compare the cheapest car rental in San Leandro. Did you know that the first inhabitants of San Leandro arrived in the area between 3500 and 2500 BC?
5 Things You Must Do in San Leandro
1. Shop at Marina Square Center: The center is a popular shopping mall directly off I-880 at Marina Boulevard, East.Leandro. It is considered to be one of the best places to shop in the entire Bay area, with its many brand named stores.
2. Visit Westgate Center: This center is situated in San Leandro and is a mix of sports venue, entertainment complex and shopping mall, with Wal-Mart as an anchor store.
3. Check out the biggest Bayfair Center: The shopping center is the biggest center in the entire San Leandro area, with around 88 stores distributed over 2 floors. Main attractions include a 24 Hour Fitness Gym, a Mexican restaurant, Starbucks and other branded stores.
4. A regal experience at the Monarch Bay Golf Club: The club has a challenging par 71 18-hole golf course situated just a few feet from San Francisco Bay. It is known by golfers as a good value course due to its complexity. The club has a reputation for high standard of service and facilities. In February 2006 it was featured in Fairways and Greens magazine in their article called “The Royal Treatment.”
5. Golf around at Marina Course at Monarch Bay: This golf course is also located at the Monarch Bay Golf Club but is a 9-hole par 29 course. The total length of the course is 1,734 yards and golfers who play here enjoy a breathtaking view of San Francisco Bay.
Top Attractions within San Leandro
Marina Park is a a beautiful 30 acres park located near Monarch Bay Drive in San Leandro. The park includes a golf course, playgrounds, picnic areas and walking paths. It is the perfect location for a family day out while visiting San Leandro.
Downtown San Leandro Farmer's Market is opened each Wednesday of the month on Parrott Street. The vibrant market place boosts with fresh fruits and vegetables and tasty and healthy snacks. All the products are local. On each occasion a special theme is approached, including cooking demonstration, wine tasting, family days and more.
San Leandro Railway Historical Society is an important museum of San Leandro. It depicts the development of the railroad in the area of Orange County and all the changes that came with it. This San Leandro museum has a great collection of vintage photographs.
Horatio's is an upscale restaurant located in the San Leandro Marina. The nautically themed eatery offers deliciously cooked seafood dishes and a large array of drinks, including a fine wine selection. The location is great, offering a breath-taking city view and a great venue for a romantic dinner.