Sandy is a very charming city, located in the state of Oregon, with a total population of 7070 people, according to the 2006 census. Sandy serves as the western gateway to the Mount Hood Corridor. Sandy is home to the annual Sandy Mountain Festival, Sandy Oktoberfest and the yearly Hometown Holiday Festival and Parade. Although it is a small city, it has a lot of great local attractions in and around Sandy, a wide range of restaurants, where you can enjoy a variety of food and many types of accommodation.
Top Attractions Within Sandy
Mount Hood National Forest is a wonderful park, located close to Sandy and is a popular playground for the area residents and tourists who come here to enjoy a peaceful and relaxed afternoon. The National Forest holds some of the finest outdoor opportunities in Oregon, such as hiking trails, renting bicycles and specially designed trails for bikers. If tourists climb up to the top of the mountain, they will benefit from a beautiful scenic view.
La Bamba Mexican Restaurant is the one place in Sandy, where you will enjoy a true and authentic Mexican Meal. With a very rich menu that consists in burritos, salsa, tacos, enchilada and beans, tourists are in for a great culinary experience. The ambient is very pleasant, the restaurant is decorated in a Mexican style and in the background there is Mexican music playing. If you come here, your taste buds will surely be more than satisfied.
Thai Home, located in Sandy, is another great spot, where you can enjoy the spicy Asian Cuisine. The menu has got both Thai and Chinese foods, such as sea food, chicken noodles, sushi and salads. The food is cooked healthily and the service is impeccable. The staff caters to the need of every client, making sure they have a great time here. There is also a wide selection of Asian beverages you can try. The chefs also prepare delicious vegetarian dishes, using only the freshest ingredients.
The city of Sandy is in Clackamas County, Oregon and takes its name after the Sandy River that is nearby. The city has a limited area of only 6.8 square kilometers. The top five things people should visit in the city are the Multnomah Falls, Laurelhurst Park, Hip Chicks Do Wine, End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center, and the Oaks Amusement Park.
1. Multnomah Falls: The falls is located at the Colombia River Highway and enjoys the distinction of being the second highest waterfall in the U.S. The different trails for hiking, a lodge and the bridge are also located here.
2. Laurelhurst Park: The Laurelhurst Park is in the neighborhood of the city and quite a big place. Shady places, duck ponds, paths, and large open fields are ideal for picnics. There are also many basketball courts in the park.
3. Hip Chicks Do Wine: This is a winery that is famous for its wine tasting, wine festival, spring beer and seafood festival. The warehouse location of the winery makes it a popular attraction in Sandy.
4. End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center: Lewis and Clark's journey to the west comes to life at this center through exhibitions and presentations.
5. Oaks Amusement Park: The Park has been operating much longer than any other park in the United States. The popular attractions of the park are carnival rides, a rink for roller-skating and other activities. Skates can be rented at the park.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Sandy. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Sandy||Directions to Sandy||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|