Spot and Drive a First-Rate Car Rental in Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara is a coastal city in Southern California, sometimes called “the American Riviera”. It has a population of around 88 thousand. Santa Barbara includes the longest stretch of coastline on the United States' Pacific Coast that faces south. It is a popular tourist and resort destination, and service sector jobs make up around 1/3 of all employment in Santa Barbara. U.S. Highway 101 connects the Santa Barbara area with Los Angeles to the southeast and San Francisco to the northwest.
Our site compares car rentals from Avis, Enterprise, and Hertz in Santa Barbara!
If you need a car rental in Santa Barbara, the lowest prices on rental cars are right here for you to compare at VroomVroomVroom. The benefits of using our service are numerous, and the best part is, our site is the only one you'll ever need to book a cheap car rental in Santa Barbara, or anywhere across California!
Why book your next rental with VroomVroomVroom?
The benefits of booking with us include:
- It's free to book!
- You can cancel for free 48 hours prior to pickup.
- It's free to modify your booking.
- Our customer care team is always ready to help you via chat, email, or phone call.
- When you compare car rentals from top providers, you save time and money!
- Booking early can help you find an awesome deal on car rental.
- Your personal information is safe when you use our secure website, because it's protected via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software!
When you've picked up your cheap car rental is Santa Barbara, you'll have the freedom to explore all of California. It's a 5-hour drive north to San Francisco, or 2 hours in your rental car to get to downtown Los Angeles. If you decide to stay around Santa Barbara, there's the beach, of course. Drive your car rental over to Santa Barbara Harbor and be sure to check out the Santa Barbara Maritime Museum. This educational and exciting exhibit has nearly 8,000 square feet of cool exhibits, including docent tours, Tall Ship tours, and a series of films shown daily in a large screen, high-definition theater. It's fun for the whole family!
Top Attractions within Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara International Film Festival is a wonderful event that takes place in Santa Barbara and is also a non-profit organization. It was established in 1985 and is hosted by Arlington Theatre. At the event participate many celebrities and is also the first film domestic film festival that provides video podcasts.
The Santa Barbara Museum of Art is located downtown Santa Barbara. It was founded in 1941 and today is one of the top 10 regional art museums in the United States. The museum hosts temporary and permanent Asian, American and European art collections. It is also home to many sculptures, musical instruments, paintings, as well as dolls. All these exhibits date since the 17th century, but include both 18th and 19th centuries. In the museum was also built a library that includes exhibition catalogs, art periodicals and reference books. It is interesting to see how art developed in different parts of the world, to observe the common points, but also the differences. A visit at this museum is always a special experience that educates and recreates.
The Arlington Theatre is the largest theatre and performing arts place in Santa Barbara. It was built in 1931, but it was destroyed and rebuilt in 1930. Its architectural styles are the Spanish Colonial Revival and the Mission Revival. It hosts many events, as well as many and interesting screenings. Tourists will love this theatre and what it offers. As it is very popular, do not forget to book your tickets in advance.
Emilio's Restaurant provides mainly seafood and the menu diversity is always impressive. All servings are huge, but prices are reasonable. The restaurant also offers pasta and pizza. Parking is available.
Six Things You Must Do in Santa Barbara
The weekend is best celebrated in the Californian city of Santa Barbara, with its pleasant climate and many natural attractions. The city is on the Pacific coast and boasts a climate that much resembles the weather of the Mediterranean. Mission Santa Barbara is the most famous attraction of the city.
1. Mission Santa Barbara: The place has a history dating back to the year 1786 and is a Spanish Franciscan mission. The beautiful garden and the twin bell towers of the mission are the places worth exploring. The place is a sacred religious site and devout Christians visit the place to pay their respects to the saint.
2. Natural History Museum: The natural history museum of Santa Barbara is on Puesta Del Sol Road and there are eleven halls that display the variety of natural life of the region. Visitors can find birds of the region, the aquatic life of Santa Barbara, the varieties of insects, and the mammals of the region all on display at the museum.
3. Museum of Art: The Santa Barbara Museum of Art is devoted to the display of many crafts, photographs, paintings, sculptures and current art. Different exhibitions that draw from many schools of art are also arranged at the museum.
4. Zoo: The zoo of Santa Barbara is the home of as many as 160 kinds of insects, reptiles, birds and mammals. There are over 500 displays at the zoo.
5. Maritime Museum: This museum is located on Harbor Road and is home to many maritime items. Visitors can view historical ships, shipwrecks, and the marine life of the region. The most popular attraction of the museum is the submarine ride that is rendered in virtual reality.
6. Autocamp Santa Barbara: This camp, which started operating in 1922, can be found at 2717 De La Vina St. and is 5 miles from Santa Barbara Zoo. This is a perfect place if you are looking for classic Americana style, matched with modern design guaranteed to offer a remarkable urban Airstream lodging experience.