Discounted Santa Clara Car Rentals
Did you know that Santa Clara was after the Mission of Santa Clara de Asis?
Best way to travel: Car
#1 thing to do: California's Great America
#2 thing to do: Winchester Mystery House
#3 thing to do: Raging Waters Water Theme Park
Fun Fact: In 1905, the first public high-altitude flights by man were made over Santa Clara in gliders designed by John J. Montgomery.
#1 Car Rental Company: Budget
Five Things You Must Do in Santa Clara
Santa Clara is a city in the state of California in the U.S. The city was founded in 1777 and has been named after Mission Santa Clara de Asis, eighth of the 21 California Missions. The city has a population slightly greater than 100,000 and the following are the prime attractions in the city:
1) Mission College is a community college that was founded in 1967 as a part of the West Valley Mission Community College District. The college is located in Silicon Valley's “Golden Triangle” business district.
2) Santa Clara University is the oldest institution of higher learning in California and it also happens to be the oldest Catholic University in the West region. At present its campus has an area of 104 acres that has historic mission gardens, palm trees and rose gardens in the midst of mission-style academic and residential buildings.
3) Great America is one of the four major amusement parks operating around the San Francisco Bay Area. The attractions in the park include roller coasters, inverted roller coasters, drop towers, double deckers, flying scooters and river rafting rides.
4) San Francisco 49ers HQ is the headquarters of one of the National Football League's San Francisco 49ers. The practice area of the team is also located in the same complex and is quite popular amongst the football fans and the general public.
5) There are the headquarters of many private companies such as Intel, Applied Materials, Sun Microsystems, Agilent Technologies and others.