Santa Cruz, California is a coastal city located on the north shore of Monterey Bay. Santa Cruz is a 40-minute drive by rental car southwest of San Jose. Present-day Santa Cruz began as a Spanish settlement in 1791, including a mission called Santa Cruz and a pueblo called Branciforte. Santa Cruz became a beach resort destination for vacationers in the late 1800's. It is the site of Natural Bridges State Beach and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk – an amusement park in continuous operation for over 100 years!
Here are some of the reasons why most of our customers choose to book their rental cars with us.
The Santa Cruz Wharf is a wonderful place in Santa Cruz popular and appreciated for its fun and recreational opportunities such as boat tours, swimming, boating and dining. Additionally, tourists can view sea lions, many birds and buy souvenirs from the shops in the area. This beautiful wharf was built in 1914, being operated by the City of Santa Cruz Parks and Recreation Office. The landscape is breathtaking and the air is fresh. A few moments spent here are an opportunity to relax, get rid of stress and enjoy tranquillity at the fullest.
The Santa Cruz Surfing Museum was established in 1986 and describes the history of surfing. One of the collections exhibited here date from the beginning of surfing. The museum is located in the Mark Abbott Memorial Lighthouse. It was first opened in 1986 and at that time, was the only museum of this type in the world. Even today, such a museum is very rare, so tourists should not miss this amazing and special attraction. It is very interesting to admire surfboards from several periods of time. The collection begins with hollow paddle boards and continues with modern surfboards made from fiberglass, as well as many other materials. It is fascinating to discover, step by step, surfing culture and admire all those interesting photos showcased here.
Santa Cruz Farmers Market is an outdoor market and all products are organic. One of the most popular and sold products are apples, strawberries, goat cheese, brassica and many other products. All products are fresh, healthy and without additives. It is the ideal place to buy household items, souvenirs, toys, as well as many other objects. Parking areas are available.
Santa Cruz is the largest city in the county of Santa Cruz, California of the U.S. It is regarded as the overlapping part of Northern California and Central California. Santa Cruz means “Holy Cross,” and the city was so named by the Spanish Emperor Gaspar de Portola when he visited the place in 1769.
1) Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is the oldest amusement park in California and is designated as a state historic landmark. The park also has within its premises two national historic landmarks: Charles I. D. Looff Carousel and a 1924 Giant Dipper roller coaster.
2) Steamer Lane and Pleasure Point are two points breaking over rock bottoms, and they are among eleven world class surf breaks around here that create some of the best surfing waves in the world. This fact also makes Santa Cruz a favored destination for surfing contests, and the place often hosts many such contests that are attended by many international participants.
3) Santa Cruz Surfing Museum is located at Steamer Lane and is staffed by docents like Harry Mayo, who have surfed the Santa Cruz waves since 1930s.
4) Shakespeare Santa Cruz arranges an annual summer festival at UC Santa Cruz. The festival includes two Shakespeare plays and one other play. Many of these plays are performed outdoors, typically among the redwood trees.
5) Pacific Avenue is the heart of downtown Santa Cruz. Visitors can find numerous local shops, and a lot of local cultural aspects can be experienced at this place.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Santa Cruz. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Santa Cruz||Directions to Santa Cruz||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|