Saraland Car Rental Comparison
Saraland is a lovely city in the state of Alabama, United States, located more exactly in Mobile County and being a suburb of Mobile city, at the same time. The history of Saraland goes back to 1800, when later land squatters moved in the area. Saraland became incorporated in 1957 and has developed hugely ever since. Now, there are 13,405 people living in Saraland, according to the 2010 census, making it the 3rd largest city in the county and an important part of the Mobile Metropolitan Area. Saraland is filled with charming venues and attractions, which will make your staying here a pleasant one.
Top Attractions within Saraland
Mobile Bay is located only a stone throw away from Saraland, but it is definitely worth exploring since you are already in the area. Being in the core of the nature will give you the chance to relax, take in the fresh air and admire the wildlife. The bay was formed at the confluence of several rivers, so this is the place where you can admire dolphins, alligators, pelicans and other sealife species. The scenery is also amazing! Do not forget to try the seafood, either, because it is simply delicious!
Mokas Coffee House Incorporated is a great venue in Saraland, where you should come if you want to taste a flavorful cup of coffee. Besides the wide array of coffee beverages, the venue also offers wi-fi, chess boards and playing cards. The atmosphere is really nice, and the staff is friendly, too. This is the perfect place to spend a relaxing afternoon, enjoying a great cup of coffee and catching up to the latest news.
J Rodgers BBQ is a popular restaurant in Saraland, where you will find a great hot BBQ bar. Nevertheless, you can also order off the menu specialties. The ribs are definitely menu's darlings. However, the diverse menu offers something that will satisfy every taste bud. The restaurant closes at 7PM, so make sure that you get there early. You will not regret it!
Five Things You Must Do in Saraland
Saraland is a picturesque city located in Alabama of the United States. Although the city has a sparse population of about 13,000 and an area of 57 square km, the fame of the place has increased ever since. The history of Saraland revolves around the Spanish land granted to Don Diago Alvarez. Thus, Alvarez folks were the parent inhabitants of the place.
1. Play golf at Spring Hill Golf Course: The golf course is in good shape, and hole sixteen provides a view of the Mobile area. The playing course is well maintained and improved from time to time, comprised of lovely water bodies and some hilly curves.
2. Splash the excitement in Mobile River: Mobile River stands as the fifth largest drainage basin in the entire United States. The countless bridges and small bay areas further add to the scenery and sports utility of the river.
3. Visit the Bragg-Mitchell Mansion: The mansion was built in 1855 and stands now as an exquisitely decorated structure with full furnishings, artwork and décor. The lavish design, along with huge double parlors, moldings and other plush interiors, is a treat for tourists to check out..
4. Check the grandeur of Robert Trent Jones Magnolia Grove: This is the largest golf course located near Saraland, offering a choice of eight large courses. The structure and facilities at this venue are commendable.
5. Discover some ancient stuff at the Mobile Museum of Art: This closely located museum exhibits some of the rarest galleries, gift shops and centers of ancient historical items.