Foggy weather is attributed to this location. The vital statistics of per capita income, GDP and literacy rate have all been on the rise in the past few decades.
1. Visit the much talked about California State University Monterey Bay: This California State University was founded in 1994 and is located on the former site of Fort Ord. The specialty of this school is a stress on multi-cultural values and a globalization-based curriculum. The outcome-based learning guides students to gain practical knowledge.
2. Explore the bygone Fort Ord: Fort Ord was a U.S. Army post in the Monterey Bay area of California since 1917. After converting Fort Ord to civilian use, it was declared a natural reserve for the conservation of the endangered Smith's blue butterfly. The U.S. Army still has presence at Ford Ord in the way of California Army National Guard units.
3. Know the unknown with Message Mountain: The mountain is an indispensable part of the culture of Seaside. It is actually classified as a dune at the junction of Fremont Boulevard and California State Route 1. The messages are written on the dune with ice plant by those who have faith in it.
4. Do not forget to visit Jacks Peak Park: The presence of such high places as Jacks Peak gives rise to excellent hiking and climbing opportunities.
5. Stimulate your brain power by exploring Laguna Seca Ranch: This Ranch is a historic agricultural property founded in the 19th century. Other elements ownership include a cemetery, swimming pool, fuel tank area, and stallion barn complex.
Cafe Beach at the Beach Resort Monterey is a charming restaurant located nearby Seaside. The restaurant bar is small, bus satisfactory, although lacking the range of higher priced spirits and wined in other establishments. The real specialities are the food and the view. The prices are very reasonable. The menu is mouthwatering and is very varied, also having a menu for children, with smaller portions.
Fishwife Seafood Cafe is a unique place in Seaside, that has got both a restaurant and a bar. The restaurant has got Caribbean seafood and pasta. Daily specials vary from the grill spotlight local fresh catch and the seasonal swordfish and sea bass. The chef uses only the freshest ingredients from the Salinas valley and offers delicious homemade desserts daily.
Baan Thai Seaside Restaurant is the place in Seaside, where you can enjoy a traditional Thai menu. Thai cooking is great and it strives for a balance of flavour, texture and colour. The menu incorporates a wide variety of fresh vegetables, herbs and spices. Authentic Thai food is not always hot, but the emphasis is on flavour. If you come here, you will certainly enjoy a one of a kind food experience. There are smaller and less spiced portions for children as well.