Sebring Car Rental Comparison
Sebring is a city located in Highlands County, Florida, United States, also known as The City on the Circle, referring to the centre of the Sebring Downtown Historic District. Sebring is the county seat of Highlands County and part of Sebring Micropolitan Area.
Top Attractions within Sebring
Jimmy's Greek American Grill is a highly recommended place for any tourist in Sebring. The provided food is fresh and only high quality ingredients are used. The desserts are also very tasty that it will make people lick their fingers and order more. Having a meal at this restaurant is always a pleasant experience due to friendly ambiance, great service and nice staff. Its homelike atmosphere, small prices and delicious food makes people return. This amazing place is ideal for families, couples, as well as for families with kids and groups of friends. Due to all these amazing advantages, the restaurant is highly recommended and beyond expectations.
Sebring International Raceway is an interesting event in Sebring that gathers lots of people and takes place in March. It can be viewed while eating in a restaurant. Nonetheless, there are many places from where to enjoy the race. Visitors will have the opportunity to watch amazing cars. For this purpose, there are also many camping areas. Tourists have the possibility to talk to drivers, mechanics or race engineers to find more abut the event, as everyone is very friendly. As in this event participate many people, pre-booking the ticket is the best way to make sure you will have a seat.
Highlands Hammock State Park is located in Sebring and is perfect for tourists who want to admire wildlife, to camp or have a picnic on the grounds. This beautiful and clean park is ideal for long walking tours. In addition, it houses a restaurant, named Hammock Inn Restaurant, which provides delicious homemade food, nice prices and polite staff.
Five Things You Must Do in Sebring
Sebring is a city located in Highlands County in Florida of the United States. It is nicknamed the 'City on the Circle'. Sebring has risen to international recognition by hosting Formula One's United states Grand Prix, 12 hours of Sebring, American Le Mans Series and other important events. Sebring was founded in 1912 and named after George Sebring. The official charter was accomplished by Florida in 1913.
1. Visit Lake Jackson: This beautiful lake covers 37 square km of area. The lake is a freshwater lake about 8 m deep. The water is clear compared to other lakes and sandy shores. The lake contains boat ramps, private beaches, pleasure boating and fishing.
2. Explore the Highlands Hammock State Park: This park spans over 36 square km and has been operational since 1931. The highlights include boardwalks, a bald cypress swamp, oak plantations and an immense variety of flora and fauna. The state authorities took hold of the park in 1935 and also incorporated a botanical garden.
3. Enjoy the serenity of Dinner Lake: This lake measures about 3 m in depth and is part of the Eastern complex in the Central Ridge subdivision of the Central Lake division.
4. Sebring Downtown Historic District: This is an area located at Circle Drive and Ridgewood Drive from Mango Street to Magnolia Avenue. It is home to a total of 22 historically important buildings.
5. Do check out Avon Park: Avon Park is the oldest city in Highlands County and was named after Stratford-upon-Avon. It consists of public and private schools and colleges catering to the need for rural education.